People can be influence by a lot of things, like celebrities

The Influence That Celebrities And Youtubers Have On Society. (8/12)

Role models use to be someone you can look up when your are young, but nowadays society look up to people who are controversial and are wealthy. The influence that these people have over society is scary.

24
https://pixabay.com/illustrations/interaction-social-media-abstract-1233873/

When we are kids we all have the people we look up to or strive to be like, they are our role models. growing up in the 90's I had many people I looked up to, I had my mom and grandmother, but I have always wanted to be a journalist so I had the men and women that I looked up to.

Christiane Amanpour

Christiane Amanpour is one of my role models ever since I was a kid, Not only is she a female journalist, but she has also covered global-conflict on a major scale. She is in a field that is filled will men, she was able to bypass many of those restrictions that are placed on the media and journalist by the U.S Military. She was able to cover the Gulf War, the Bosnian war, among others.

She has reported in countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, and Somalia. Her career spans more than thirty years, She has won awards, hosted shows and has been a veteran correspondent for news networks like CNN. She has hosted her show and has changed the face of journalism. This was and still is one of my role models.

But Nowadays young people are looking up to people like the Kardashians I don't understand why people admire them so much is it because they are wealthy or because they are always in the news because of their controversial lifestyle, all of them are all about their looks and drama.

You also have Kanye West who is married to Kim Kardashian, he has had so many public outbursts, ridiculous quotes, Kanye is the epitome of a narcissistic celebrity. And I wouldn't want my kids to look up to him and be like I want to be like Kanye when I grow up.

But it's not just celebrities you have so many your kids/adults that are looking up to Youtubers, these are influencers and yes a lot of them make great content and some want to make a difference with their channel, but many are controversial and just want fame and money.

take Logan Paul, for instance, he has been a controversial Youtuber for a long time, s not many are shocked by what he does or says most the time, He has over 17 million subscribers to his youtube channel, He was in the news last year for filling a body of an apparent suicide victim while he was in Japan.

And so many you people look up to this guy and think what he does is awesome, what is happening to our society when people like this are glorified for filing dead bodies and be controversial

There was a study done in 2017 by Defy Media, and 63% of people between 13-24 said that they would try a brand or a product recommended by a YouTube content creator, whereas only 48% mentioned the same about a movie or TV star.

and yes that is great for marketing, the business has ad's running in between the YouTubers videos, and this can cut down on how much they spend on their marketing campaign, but reach a larger audience because everyone is watching Youtube now.

The influence that these people have on society is scary, people will do anything that YouTubers and celebrities are doing. It's one thing to try new food, shoes or makeup. But when you think you need to go out and buy things you can't afford or try something dangerous just because they did. I don't want my kids looking up to people like that.

You do have some amazing YouTubers and celebrities out there, but kids these days like controversy and drama.

nominalize