If Caring About Climate Change Makes You Feel Less Manly, You May Never Have Sex

Whether it's about the environment, reading or simply having an interest in the state of our world through politics, straight men seem seriously scared of women who care about anything beyond how their last selfie came out.

6

I recently read an article about how straight men are less likely to adopt green behaviors like carrying a reusable shopping bag for fear of being perceived as gay. While I encounter a lot of stupid stuff on the internet, this might be the stupidest thing I've EVER read. Reading said article got me thinking a lot more about how misogyny has deep roots in disavowing anything somewhat intellectual. Whether it's about the environment, reading or simply having an interest in the state of our world through politics, straight men seem seriously scared of women who care about anything beyond how their last selfie came out.

As an avid follower of the Twitter account @SheRatesDogs, I've seen plenty of cringe-worthy Tinder bios of toolbelts across the country whose about blurb contains one or more line about how much they don't give a shit about the environment or state how uninterested they are in any girls who are vegan or liberal. I wonder if they ever consider this to be the reason they can't manage to find anyone to have sex with... or are they really convinced that we're all just vapid whores only using dating apps for self-aggrandization? Yeah, probably the latter.

What's crazy is that it's not just the touchy stuff like climate change and politics that are too taboo for the grass-fed beef turds of America, even simple things like reading are too much for the macho misogynists that rule the ugliest parts of the web. Maybe you think I'm exaggerating but a grown man once told me reading "is a chick thing." Like, excuse me? Just because Donald Trump has never successfully read more than the caloric intake portion of a McDonald's container doesn't mean reading is somehow a feminine attribute.

Sure, they refer to women as the "smarter" sex (even though by the laws of feminism and a serious dedication to equality I call bullshit on that sentiment) and men the "stronger" sex, but I still don't see how blindly turning your back on science, knowledge and participation in our democracy is in any way threatening your ability to get an erection and say "bro" all of the time. I mean, if it is, I think maybe therapy might be a smart play for you.

I'm not saying men have to go out and embrace things that are innately feminine like douches and brassieres, but come on. Not participating in keeping the world clean, never broadening your horizons through literature because you think it makes you look like a homosexual and that ugly fucking red hat are not making you any more of a man than you already are. If anything, I think there is an argument to be made that it's actually making you less of a man.

My proposition to the women of America, specifically the ones reading this article, is that we should all start flirting with men who we see reading (he might be annoyed you're interrupting him, hot,) make "fuck me" eyes at every guy in the grocery store with a reusable bag and continue not sleeping with losers who say they don't care about the things we care about.