What Your MSU Apartment Says About You

What Your MSU Apartment Says About You

It speaks volumes, as a matter of fact.

48
What Your MSU Apartment Says About You
https://images.app.goo.gl/wU1fv5N3QfLGN3qN8

About a week ago, I made a Twitter thread about a couple of the major apartment complexes here at MSU and it got so much recognition. I guess a lot of it holds truth. Here's a more in depth (and cleaner) version of a few.

21 Apartments

https://www.21apts.com/starkville/21-apartments/photos/

Ahh, good ole 21! The stomping ground of guys who want to be where all the action is but at the same time don't. If you chose to live here you usually aren't afraid of much in this crazy world. You and your best buds decided to shack up together. It wasn't much of a big conversation to have, you all were just like "sure okay." There is no sense of homeliness in your apartment and your idea of room is decor is just your bed set from your first year dorm. You may have felt a little jazzy and got a new one at Walmart. Dishes aren't clean, there's a Doritos bag on the living room table, but y'all aren't tripping. That's how chill y'all are. You're the guys that you usually see in the Taco Bell commercials.

Favorite Restaurant: Taco Bell, duh. If any other joint picks up Baja Blast then you're in there!

Haven12

https://www.apartments.com/haven-12-starkville-ms/nhsqb7q/

Who's a good boy? Or girl? You are, yes, you are! Did you ever get in trouble in school? Did you bring your lunch with you everyday? I bet your parents picked you up from school instead of riding the bus, huh? You were raised and trained to be good-two-shoes all your life. And that's perfectly fine because look where its gotten you! But I don't know what's gotten into you because all of a sudden you feel like you need to let go of this good image. Just face it, girl, you are safe and BORING. Adult beverages are not your thing and you can barely make it alive past 11 at night. The party scene is just not for you, boo! But hey, you graduated a year early, ahead of all of your friends. Those internships really paid off because you're about to start your first job in San Fran!

Favorite Restaurant: everybody is tired of Chick-Fil-A but you can't. get. enough.

Lakeside Apartments

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/Mississippi/Starkville-Apartments/Lakeside-Student-Living-Apartments

Friend: "Hey you wanna study for the test together Wednesday?"

You: "Sure we can at my place if it's cool."

Friend: "Cool where do you live?"

You: "Lakeside."

Friend: "Oh... okay, yeah"

You: "Why, what's up-"

Friend: "We can just do it at my place, is that cool?"

Lakeside. Whew. You're not the really the person everyone runs to if they need something. Maybe because you're the one who's always asking for favors. Like seriously, who has this many priorities for someone with no car? You're that person who naturally likes to visit their friends or just go out cruising the town. You'd just rather be out than sitting home. It wasn't until school started when you realized you made a big mistake and signed with the wrong community. It was cheaper than 21 but then you found out why it was cheaper than 21. In fact, you would be what 21 is if it wasn't for distance. And most importantly, you make the most out of your day before you make that long drive home.

Favorite Restaurant: Subway. Cause with all that's here to offer you pick Subway?!

The Social Campus

https://www.doorsteps.com/listings/8472291059-14-mary-lee-ln-starkville-ms-39759

(It's The Pointe!)

Settlers rejoice! Not the people in the history books, like the people who actually settle for things they don't deserve. If you were a character in any show, you would be Hank Hill. Mundane, witness of a lot of crazy mishaps, don't really have an opinion on much. You chose The Social Campus (it's The Pointe!) because you wanted something that's nice and quaint looking like the Retreat, but not The Retreat because it's too expensive. Price was also a big factor, but you knew good and well you wouldn't sign with 21. (Why does 21 get all the hate?)

Favorite Restaurant: It doesn't matter... Hardee's, I guess?

The Retreat

https://www.collegeapartmentsource.com/property/retreat-at-denton/

"HIDE DA MONEY Y'ALL, THERE'S POOR PEOPLE AROUND HAHAHAHAHAHA"

You were the popular guy or gal in school. You didn't have to do much but just show your presence and people just get to flocking to you. Star player of the football team, head captain of the cheer squad, it was all you. You expect nothing but the best and the best only. Never had to work a day in your life or either you have a super awesome lifestyle doing what you love WHILE making money. Usually freakin' perfect and attractive (hence why people love you) so you never had a problem getting the guy or girl you wanted. Let's give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Quintessential, y'all!

Favorite Restaurant: Zaxby's. It's a little pricey, but it's soooo good.

Helix Apartments

helixstarkville.com/photos/

The girl who was extremely popular but also extremely disliked. Not really a bully but mean for no reason to people who don't deserve it. You probably feel like Regina George was misunderstood and that it was a just a 'survival of the fittest' game. You secretly hate your friends but that's okay because the feeling is mutual. No worries, a selfie will fix the problem, temporarily. Always has the latest fashions, the newest shoes, the nicest car but nobody cares because it doesn't cover up that stank attitude. Boys are the only people who happen to like you and give you a chance because you're super hot and "feisty." But other than that, you're on your own.

Favorite Restaurant: CookOut. Unless it's super late at night, who's eating Cookout??

Aspen Heights

https://myaspenheights.com/our-locations/starkville/photos/

If we ever get a reality show here at MSU, it's going to mainly be here. This is where the 'who's who of MSU' (that rhymed) resides. Like the people at the Retreat, you're very popular as well. Only thing is you're literally just that. You're not popular because you're a likable person, your name just happens to be in everyone's mouth. Plus, you couldn't get into The Retreat so you just settled for what you thought was second best. It's always some drama with you. You or anyone around you can ever catch a break. Constant fighting, shade thrown, "he say, she say" type of stuff going on. Like Helix, you're a known flexer as well. You probably have the nice cars and the nice clothes but that house you stay in... YIKES! Get your priorities straight.

Favorite Restaurant: Sonic. You start to realize what was all the hype in this food?