5 Reasons Why In-N-Out Should Be Your Go-To Fast-Food Restaurant

If you live on the East Coast, you're missing out.

308
Caroline Payne

In-N-Out Burger is a West Coast fast-food chain that has made itself a staple in many Americans' diets. If you live on the East Coast, you're missing out. Here are a few reasons why you need to find yourself at an In-N-Out if you're ever on the west coast.

1. Their fries are BOMB

If you go to In-N-Out for one thing, make sure it's the fries. Their fries taste like they've been cooked for the gods, easily mistaken for ambrosia by the layperson. These fries will change your life; they will give you glimpses into the future, powers beyond your belief, and an understanding of your place in the world. They're that good. Sharing them seems implausible but you're going to want to try to steal your friend's, regardless. And they're vegan so anyone can enjoy their greatness.

2. Their milkshakes cannot be beat

In-N-Out milkshakes taste like they've even shaken during earthquakes, like their flavors know each other intimately and can't help but combine effortlessly. I'm partial to the chocolate one but I've heard positive things about both the vanilla and strawberry shakes.

3. Their burgers are, of course, out of this world

They are called In-N-Out Burger for a reason; they perfected the American food staple. Whatever your preference for toppings, the patty and the bun is amazing all on its own and can only be bettered by vegetables and condiments. I cannot even describe the burgers accurately because they are that revolutionary and inexplicable. If you think your favorite burger is from somewhere else, I have news for you: you're wrong.

4. They have vegetarian and vegan options

Don't let the name fool you. If you think they only cater to the meat-eating folks and their tastes in burgers, think again. In-N-Out makes getting alternative burgers a lot easier. My sister, being vegan, recently bought a burger with lettuce as the bun and all the veggies in it without an issue. Make sure you don't get the spread if you're vegan because it does have ketchup.

5. They have a secret menu

In-N-Out offers variations on their food options and if you know what is available, you may get a great treat. Having lettuce as a bun is one secret menu option known as Protein Style. My personal favorite orders are the Grilled Cheese, a great vegetarian option, and Animal Style Fries, or fries covered in cheese, spread, and grilled onions.