8 Ways You Know They've Got To Be From Quincy, MI

If you haven't been out on Tip Up Island, then you're not actually from Quincy. No excuses.

90
hannnnn_25 / Instagram

No matter where you're from, you know that there's always a few things that you'll never forget about your hometown. That's no different coming from the teeny tiny village of Quincy, Michigan.

1. "Where is that, exactly?"

Small towns are cool and all while you're in school because that small community will help out anyone and everyone in need, but as soon as you go somewhere else and try to explain where you're from, it's hell. And if the person you're talking to doesn't know where Coldwater is either, you're pretty much done because it's not like any of the other nearby towns are big enough for people to know either.

2. The Stables is your go-to restaurant

Perfect chicken strips, delicious taco salad, tasty burgers, and a ton of other yummy foods that are only a couple minutes away by foot from the school. Good luck getting a table on game night, though.

3. You see at least five people you know on any given trip into town

If you're lucky it'll only be five, but we all know the struggles of being in a hurry and seeing every single person you've ever met in the span of 20 minutes

4. Going to QHS athletic events is basically the only thing to do

Literally the only thing to do in Quincy. Sure, you could go out and get up to some not-so-smart activities instead, but it's a small town and everyone ends up knowing everything. If there isn't a game happening, then it's pretty safe to say there's nothing happening at all.

5. You get stuck behind a tractor or an Amish buggy at least once a day

On a good day, it'll be just once that you're stuck behind one, but usually, it's more like three or four depending on how far out of town you live.

6. Sunset Cove

Even though they bring in all of those "out-of-townies" every summer, it's still pretty cool. Plus, they have really great ice cream.

7. You probably graduated with less than 100 people

QHS isn't the smallest school around but it sure isn't even close to being large. Most of us end up graduating with less than 100 people in our class, but at least that means the ceremony is short.

8. You've participated in Tip Up in some way

If you haven't been out on Tip Up Island, then you're not actually from Quincy. No excuses. The festival is kind of a big deal for our little community so most people end up being part of it somehow.

There are many other ways to tell that someone grew up in our small town, but I think we can all agree that no matter what those reasons are, we're proud we all come from such a tight-knit community.