Yoga Does Wonders For My Anxiety
Health Wellness

Yoga Does Wonders For My Anxiety

Some days, my anxiety will be so horrible that I don't even want to leave the house, but smoking a bowl and doing some yoga is the one sure way to change my outlook and help me tackle my day.

104
Yoga Does Wonders For My Anxiety

Once I started college, my anxiety started being out-of-control and incredibly hard to handle, especially once I got my first job. Anxiety can be a huge b*tch and I've discovered the importance of taking time to center myself and relax. Lately, I have been doing yoga to keep clear my mind and calm my anxious thoughts. I discovered this one Youtube channel that had videos specifically designed for people with anxiety.

One of the main things I've learned about yoga is the importance of focusing on the breath. The breath is supposed to help guide your movements and I've noticed that focusing on my breath can help control my anxiety. At the start of my yoga, I notice my breath being shaky and by the end, I'm able to take full deep breaths in. This might seem trivial but I legitimately feel calmer after doing yoga. Some days, my anxiety will be so horrible that I don't even want to leave the house, but smoking a bowl and doing some yoga is the one sure way to change my outlook and help me tackle my day.

I have only been doing this for about a month, but I have noticed a huge change in my attitude throughout the day. If I begin to feel overwhelmed or really stressed out, I try to take a few deep breaths and calm myself down so I can tackle the situation at hand. Yoga has helped to provide me with the tools to remain calmer in my daily interactions and ways to help soothe my anxiety. I'm also a rather impatient person, which is something I have been working on and yoga has definitely been helping me. If I have to wait in a long line, I can take a deep breath and remain calm even if people are annoying me, which isn't something I used to be able to do. Yoga has most definitely made a positive impact on my life and I cannot wait to take my first in-person yoga class over the summer!