Yara Shahidi Is A Poitical Activist

Yara Shahidi Is A Successful Political Activist - And She's Not Even Legal Yet!

Yara Shahidi is a beautiful actress best known for her starring roles on television and in famous music videos- however, she is a whole lot deeper than that!

210
Yara ShahidiCredit: Instagram.com@YaraShahidi

Actress Yara Shahidi is an eighteen year old icon, best known for her acting and for her starring in Drake's "Nice For What Music Video. However, despite her glamorous fame as an actress, she's a lot deeper than that. Shahidi is an optimistic social activist who encapsulates the very idea of a social reformer. Shahidi, a thriving actress with her very own show, is not only an entertainer, but also a social reformer, commended by Oprah for her ambitious future which Oprah deemed "so bright it burns her eyes." A passionate advocate for the civil rights of minorities, Shahidi is not only a beautifully talented actress but is also an up-and-coming political figure with a future of bright success.

Shahidi is an avid social changer in a timely generation of progress and social change. Yara Shahidi is best known for her starring role on the sitcom 'Black-Ish,' a television show that is comical, but bears a lot of weight in the African- American community. Stemming from 'Black-Ish,' 'Grown-Ish' is the spin-off that Yara Shahidi is entirely responsible for, which is popular for its role in shedding light on popular social conflicts in the lives of America's youth. Shahidi's role as a social changer is prominent in her community, as she is outspoken on civil rights on social media and off, and encourages partakement in social justice within her community and her generation. In an interview with Oprah, Shahidi encourages her peers to join the social revolution. In this interview, Shahidi claimed, "Our generation realizes that age has never been a limit in terms of social activity, and being able to look back at the civil rights movement and see that it does not matter how old you are to get engaged." Oprah was impressed, to say the least.

Shahidi's political involvement showcases her unending ambition and desire to reform the country's social climate. Shahidi's desire to make a name in the political industry is reinforced in an interview with Vogue, as Shahidi illustrates her personal pledge to reform legislation surrounding gun control and criminal justice. Shahidi explains that "If we aren't participatory in these midterm elections or in our government and system at large, when we get to our young-adult years and all of these policies [around gun reform and criminal justice reform] aren't implemented, we're going to wonder what happened."

Indefinitely rejecting teenager stereotypes, Shahidi has already partnered up with designer Tory Burch to form a campaign that encourages political involvement in her generation. Shahidi's campaign "Eighteenx18" is responsible for promoting political interest and encouraging American youth to take advantage of the divine right to vote. Not only is Shahidi recognized by her famous peers, but also by the director that helped make her who she is today. Kenya Barris, the creator of "Black-ish," celebrates Shahidi for using her visibility to highlight social justice causes.

Shahidi is an indefinite reformer, as well as an optimist with high hopes for America's future. Shahidi utilizes her fame in the best way she knows how: to ignite change, which she believes will be the foundation of a brighter, better future for America. Shahidi's optimism is highlighted in an interview with Vogue when she recounts an epiphany of the realization of her own individual worth. Shahidi describes, "What's shifted [for me] is the idea of being aware of our own necessity. Our voices are needed. Coming into this year, being aware of that fact has really expanded what I'm open to doing, where I think my voice is needed. That's mentally opened doors" (qtd. in Phelps).

A testimony to her personal philosophy on the maintenance of positivity, Shahidi believes that she "has the audacity to feel optimistic." Shahidi's faith in her generation's' ability to reform the most critical aspects of modern society is emphasized in her hopes and excitements of building a generation of powerful voters who attend the polls routinely.

Shahidi believes the frustration her peers are experiencing within today's social climate will reflect in their votes; she is hopeful that today's social conflicts will trigger a stimulus of new, youthful voters in America. Shahidi further elucidates her positivity when she describes her buoyant outlook on starting college at Harvard University. Vanity Fair highlights this description of Shahidi's enthusiasm towards her transition into college; "The transition to college, she says, will be easier than everyone seems to think." Shahidi's positive outlook on her future further displays her good nature and confident belief in her own abilities.

Shahidi, fearless and full of optimistic excitement, is designated by her peers as determined, spirited, and hopeful. Inspired by her effervescent attitude, Shahidi's peers are just as confident in her as she is in herself. Shahidi's peers claim, "If Yara wants to be president one day, she will be." Shahidi's endless drive, intense motivation, and determination to achieve her goals against all odds is reflected in the fact that she strives to accomplish anything that she sets her mind to, even the largest and most unattainable goals.

Yara Shahidi, a vivacious influencer in the entertainment world as well as the political sphere, embodies the characteristics of social change and optimism through her words, actions, and personal campaigns. Successful and ambitious, Shahidi is commended by her peers and elders alike for building and working towards a bright future filled with success and achievement. Shahidi is a prime example of a social changer in modern America and can be identified as an up-and-coming successful politician through her desire to reform America's most critical points, her determination to immerse herself in political endeavors, and through her faithful optimism in her own generation's ability to reform American Politics.