Yes, It's November, And Yes, I Am Ready For Christmas

"Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind." -"Miracle On 34th Street" (1947)

10
https://unsplash.com/photos/mpnqu9o4b9w
Unsplash

As I write this, it is November 7th, 2019, and one week ago, it was Halloween. But when the clock struck midnight on November 1st, I felt the Christmas spirit rush through my veins!

It felt so good. It's that time of year again.

Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving. It's delicious and I am especially thankful for everything on Thanksgiving. But that is a one-day holiday where we dress all fancy just to walk around the house, then sit down for a large meal that will straight up put you in a food coma easily. In as little as 30 minutes, dinner is over.

Christmas, however, is not just a holiday on December 25th, no no no. Christmas is so much more.

Christmas is walking through the mall and watching people go crazy for the hottest toy of the year. Christmas is going to Starbucks and drinking their holiday drinks way too much. Christmas is putting up the tree with your family while there are cookies in the oven.

Christmas is however and whenever YOU celebrate it.

You know what? That is okay!

Christmas takes some time to prep for, so while there are people who want to rush all their Christmas festivities, just know you've been able to enjoy your Christmas season because you've been celebrating since November.

Honestly, that is just so smart of you.

But if you are so anti-Christmas until December 1st, then fine. But for those of us who are ready to take part in all things Christmas, go for it.

Blast your Christmas playlist. Watch your favorite Christmas movies. Decorate your house. Whatever you want to do, just do it, and do not let those negative Nancys put a damper on your holiday spirit.

So, from me to you, let's get our Christmas on!