Xbox Just Released Their Game Pass Lineup For May 2020, And My Bank Account Is Thankful

Another month of quarantine, but another month of games.

15

It's been about two months since quarantine has started in Ohio. It was just declared less than a week ago that everyone would have to remain indoors for another month. With my backlog of video games to play caught up, I was thinking about breaking out the wallet in the hunt for something new. That was until Xbox announced their new titles coming to game pass this month. My bank account lived to see another day.

May 7

DayZ

"An unforgiving, authentic, open world game where each one of 60 players on a server follows a single goal: Survive as long as they can, by any means necessary. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, or help given to you. Every decision matters with no saves and no extra lives where mistakes can be lethal. Your choices and decisions will create a gameplay experience that's completely unique." -Xbox

Red Dead Redemption 2

"America, 1899. Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are outlaws on the run. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal, and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him." -Xbox

May 14

Final Fantasy IX

"Zidane and the Tantalus Theater Troupe have kidnapped Princess Garnet, the heir of Alexandria. To their surprise, however, the princess herself yearned to escape the castle. Through a series of unusual circumstances, she and her personal guard, Steiner, fall in with Zidane and set out on an incredible journey in this classic entry in the heralded Final Fantasy series." -Xbox

May 19

Fractured Minds

"Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game, exploring anxiety and mental health issues. Embark on a journey through the human psyche to experience the everyday challenges associated with these conditions." -Xbox

Even though we're all stuck inside for another month, remember there are those out there in the world who are helping all of us get through these current events. They are the real heroes and heroines in this world. Doctors, nurses and essential workers alike, I thank you all for your service, and you will forever be engraved heroes.