Writing A Paper, As Told By 'Chandler Bing'

He just understands my pain.

28
Wetpaint

It's getting near the end of the semester, so that means lots of final papers, projects, and exams. As an English major, I write a lot of final papers, and I'm definitely getting to that stage of not being able to look at Microsoft Word without internally crying for hours. Nevertheless, you can bet I will be spending my days (and nights) drafting essays in the library, so here's what the process is like as told by one of my favorite TV show characters.

1. Thinking about having to write a paper later in the day

2. Mentally preparing yourself as you sit down and open up the document

3. *30 minutes later* Staring at a screen that says nothing but your name

4. Writing down nonsense because it's all that you've got

5. Looking around the room to avoid all responsibility

6. Rereading what you just wrote and thinking

7. Realizing that your brain is mush

8. Wondering what would happen to your grade if you just didn't do the assignment

9. Deciding that you're going to push through your hunger and fatigue

10. Finally finishing, pressing submit, and never having to look at it again