Wowing People In Order To Earn Their Acceptance

In a life like mine, you do not have any other options.

12
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93308733@N03/30235456478/in/datetaken-public/
Flickr

This especially applies if you have a lot of insecurities. There can only be unique talents along with unique problems. In my case, I have struggled my whole life with Asperger Syndrome. It is a neurological disorder on the mild side of the autistic spectrum which inhibits my social skills, while also enhancing my focus on subjects I like.

One of the subjects includes art, as evidenced by my headline picture. I was also inducted into the Sigma Tau Delta Honor society when I was pursuing my English undergraduate degree. There have been moments in my classes when I have not only amazed other students but the professors whether it was my input or my projects. I have also amazed my family, however, I want to discuss people outside my family and more into everyone else's social realm.

As for my peers, their bedazzlement is the only way you can earn their acceptance since they will not see any other value in you. In some cases, I had to try to prove them wrong. Since I am naturally shy, it was hard for me to go through my public speaking course (which is, of course, a very common theme). However, I took the initiative to practice making speeches in the Creative Writing club I went to and eventually I improved. By the end of the course, I was told that I was the student who improved the most.

As far as I am concerned, people will only see the value you bring, not the value within you as a person. Quite bluntly I do not think that people really believe in all that Ohana bull. We are a divisive species and are not as interconnected or as loving as the romantics will lead you to believe. Life is a never-ending competition from what I have seen and from what psychologist Alfred Adler saw when he studied how people attain superiority by constructively changing their weaknesses into strengths.

The flaws that I have, which are numerous and profound, have to be outweighed by my talents in order to feel accepted among my peers and authority figures. It also gives me a degree of importance and authority, since I would be able to be an example to anyone who is looking for one. This type of reality definitely is one that would be worth writing a story about, or perhaps even comparing them to literary archetypes.

If there is to be an archetype that I am fascinated the most by and which relates to this phenomenon, it would be Metal-Beard from "The Lego Movie." In which case, this archetype would be more concerned with enduring impossible odds in order to reconstruct oneself--in the case of Metal-Beard, quite literally. There is not an all-encompassing label that can accurately define this archetype, but it is definitely one that I think anyone would be able to relate to.

I will say that for people who are normal it would also apply to them, but throughout my life, I have had obstacles in place that have prevented me from achieving the goals I intend to pursue.