Why I Wouldn't Consider Traveling Alone

Why I Wouldn't Consider Traveling Alone

Who do you share the excitement with when you see something amazing?

128
Why I Wouldn't Consider Traveling Alone
Her Packing List

For some people, traveling alone might be ideal and peaceful. They might need a break from family, friends, or work. A nice vacation all to themselves. I can understand that, but personally, I wouldn’t find it all that fun.

When I think of traveling and experiencing a new place, I don’t imagine myself alone. I see my friends or family there with me. You could all talk about the food you just ate, the strange animals you just saw, or those ancient buildings you just explored.

Picturing myself exploring a new city by myself is strange. I wouldn’t be able to share all the experiences with someone I love if I was just by myself. Sure, I can tell them all about it when I go home, but it wouldn’t be the same. Of course, there is the benefit of not having to go where everyone else wants to go when you travel alone. You can do whatever you want to do without anyone else's opinion.

However, it doesn’t seem like it would be as fun as if you were with other people, sharing the adventures, laughing, and taking photos together. If you were by yourself, you couldn’t talk to people you know, you would just take in all the adventure yourself.

Now, I know you could meet people and make new friends, but you could always do that if you traveled with someone too. It might be a little different because you’re already with someone, but it’s always a possibility. Plus, if you were by yourself and met new people, they might not even end up being a long-distant friend anyway, just someone to talk to at that moment, which would still be awesome, don’t get me wrong.

The only time I would probably choose to travel alone would be for a job. Otherwise, I’d rather spend the experience with my friends or family, making more memories that we could all look back on.