6 Beauty Accessories That Are Worth The Splurge

High-end products that earn their the high price tag.

82
Blogspot

We all have wish lists of some of those pricey items that we want but aren’t sure if they are really worth the high price tag. With beauty and clothing products, it is key to figure out which items are of high quality and unique enough to splurge on or when to save your cash. Below I will tell you about a few products that I have invested in and have been very pleased with.

Urban Decay “Naked” Palettes ($54 Each)

Photo: Urban Decay

I bought my first Naked palette many years ago when the Naked 2 collection had just been released. All three sets offer a variety of neutral eyeshadows that range from matte to glitter, perfect for every occasion. Trust me, I know that you are probably thinking the same thing that I did about the $54 price for a set of eyeshadow, but I will have to say that the product has lasted me forever. Occasionally some of my favorite crease shades or highlighting hues get a little low and I have to start experimenting with other colors together but I don’t mind this because it keeps my shadow game strong and unpredictable. The versatility of these palettes is incredible, and the shadows apply smooth and evenly across the eyelid.

I am a long-time user of Naked 2 and 3 and would recommend these palettes to any and everyone. They also make a Naked Smokey Palette if you prefer the smokey eye look.

You can purchase these products at your local UD bar, Ulta, or Sephora and online here!

Jeffery Campbell Wedges ($149.95)

Photo: Jeffery Campbell

The Rayos Perforated Wedge Sandal is stunning, comfortable, and totally worth the splurge. This designer makes gorgeous laser cut leather wedges and other shoes that instantly amp up any outfit. I began seeing different varieties of Jeffery Campbell shoes across blogs and Instagram pages and soon decided to try them out for myself. These heels are so comfortable and perfect for pairing with any outfit as they come is various neutral shades. In addition to the comfort, I think that these wedges are worth the splurge because the style is unique. The bootie-shape paired with the angled peep-toe is not a common style, plus the incredible cutouts add an edgy pop to your outfit. I absolutely love these shoes and would recommend to anyone who wants to amp up their basic wedge with style and comfort.

I have this style, however, Jefferey Campbell offers a number of bold and interesting shoes that will grab everyone’s attention when you walk in the room, just like these.

“Jeffrey Campbell consistently delivers a range of edgy, on-trend footwear, from bold shapes to versatile basics. Towering platforms make a night-out ensemble sing, western-inspired booties liven up a casual look, and pebbled-leather flats deliver easy elegance. Year after year, the fun-loving brand's fresh, lively silhouettes delight, inspire and never disappoint.”
-Nordstrom.com

Check out all of the styles here!

Benefit’s “They’re Real: Double the Lip Lipstick” ($20 Each)

Photo: Benefit

So these lipsticks are some of my new-found favorites. I recently made a benefit purchase and received a sample of the Double the Lip Lipstick and tried it out for a week. I absolutely fell in love with this product because it’s a liner and lipstick all in one and the darker liner paired with the lighter lipstick shades create a voluminous, plumped lip effect. The product goes on easily and hugs the edge of your lip, so you don’t have to worry too much about making sure your liner is perfect- it does it for you! I think that one of the main reasons I love this product is because it cuts down on application time and is a quick and easy way to refresh your look in just the swipe of the wrist. By not having to take the time to apply liner perfectly and find a color that complements the other and all that, Benefit does all that for you condensing the process into one step while also pumping up your lip look.

Benefit offers the product in various shades from neutrals to bright reds. If you need any help picking a shade that is right for you, stop by your local Benefit bar for samples and guidance. You can purchase the Double the Lip Lipstick in stores at Sephora or Ulta Beauty as well as online by clicking on the hyperlink.

Sheila Fajl Everyone’s Favorite Hoops Earrings ($60)

Photo: Sheila Fajl

I have been avoiding purchasing these hoops for years- I know right. I thought that the price was too high for a simple pair of hoops and I found myself buying multiple pairs of hoops year after year because some were too heavy, others didn’t show up in pictures because they were too thin, others were just plain uncomfortable. Once I tried on the Sheila Fajl's "Everyone's Favorite Hoops" in brushed gold, I was surprised at how light and comfortable they were. The width and length were very flattering and balanced. I decided to make the investment in these earrings and now that I’ve researched the product a little more for this article, I am so glad I did. The earrings are,

“handmade in Brazil under the watchful eyes of the finest craftspeople, these hoops are a story years in the making. Brilliantly cast out of a lightweight, strong, blend of metals, the hoops are prepped in a plating facility and hand brushed, one at a time. The result is a hoop weighing less than anything on the market, that will last for a long time, and that looks gorgeous. They were tested by Sheila herself at the beach for days at a time, at galas and at meetings. The ultimate piece for every occasion, they will withstand salt, waves, sun, humidity, you name it, and still exalt style anywhere you go.” -SheilaFajl.com

So if you’re on the fence like I was for so long, go ahead and find some Sheila Fajl jewelry in store and try them for yourself. I am a huge fan of this style and can attest to the lightweight comfort. I think that the comfort and elegant style make these earrings worth the extra money. Click on the hyperlink above or visit your local Sheila Fajl vendor to purchase.

Benefit’s “Roller Lash”

Photo: Benefit

I have already mentioned my love for this product in my 7 Essential Beauty Products Article, but I seriously cannot stress enough how much I love this product. In my opinion, your mascara either makes or breaks your look. Lengthy lashes widen the look of your eyes and give a very flirty, wow effect. I have tried various drugstore and upper-end brands of mascara and finally settled on my favorite a few years ago. Benefit’s roller lash works best for me because it not only curls the lashes with a curved brush but it also really lengthens my lashes with zero clumping. Benefit tends to promote their “They’re Real” mascara, however, most of these are waterproof which isn’t healthy for the lashes if you intend to use it every day. I did purchase UD’s Perversion in waterproof for pool days and what-not, but I find that though the brush is really plush and the formula is smooth, it does not provide the same great lengthening that Roller Lash does.

I am on my fourth tube of roller lash and I absolutely love this product. Try it for yourself by asking for a sample at your local Benefit counter or by purchasing it here!

Fitbit Alta 22k Gold Plated Bangle Band ($129.95)

Photo: Fitbit

If you have and regularly wear a Fitbit, you have probably been sacrificing style points by wearing the usual bands that come with it like I do- but fear no more fashionistas. The Fitbit Alta now has a Metal Bangle Band in 22k Gold and Stainless Steel Silver available. I recently bought the gold band after a lot of consideration and I am so glad I did. The band is beautiful and I had a few friends even say “oh I love your bangle,” and thought it was an actual bracelet- not a Fitbit. I’ll admit that since the style is a looser one, I would not necessarily wear it to the gym since jewelry bouncing around really bothers me when I am on the treadmill, but It is perfect to wear to work and for nights out when you want to look professional or stylish while still counting steps and calories burned.

I am very pleased with this product and I know you will be too. You can purchase them in stores such as Best Buy or Brookstone and online by clicking on the hyperlink.

I hope you all check out or at least sample/try on these products and love them as much as I do. I am always very protective of my paycheck money and would not recommend these items if I didn't truly think that they were worth the splurge. Let me know if any work for you or if you have any more questions about any of the products!