Why He Is My Choice

Why He Is My Choice

To feel His love, to rejoice our Savior, to stand in His promises and feel His almighty power, is a joy which those of worldliness cannot understand.

3
Why He Is My Choice
Lori Johnson

10 “For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

12 O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.” Psalm 84:10-12

Each day in this cruel world it is getting easier and easier to choose not to follow Jesus. God provides us with opportunity after opportunity each day to show this world who is King of all nations, yet many choose to ignore His calling. The news is flooded with stories of what seems to be bad people being rewarded, stories of religious views that are impossible for me to understand, stories of worldly offers and promises that are the answers to a life of joy, and stories of a nation who is choosing sin and evil over the love of Jesus Christ.

As other religions spread through the nation I can not help but think about when I was a little girl. Of course, I take into consideration that I was young and naturally did not know of the ways of the world but just in the past several years I have slowly watched the people of this great nation turn their backs on God. I am so thankful that I have grown up in church; but so many did not, and do not receive that same blessing. When I was younger, I had no clue about other religions, I had no idea that there were actually people in the world who did not believe God existed. It is so sad that today’s children are not surprised by all of the evil that surrounds us which makes it so much easier for them to accept and participate in worldly acts that do not please God.

As I previously mentioned, we watch the news and it seems that the bad people are getting the glory. And sadly, Christians are becoming the minority while being persecuted and viewed as something they are not meant to be viewed as. There is so much evil and unhappiness in this world and people will try anything to fill the void where they need Jesus. Worldly ways are what are bringing this country down but we have to realize all “things” are not bad. However, we can not let "things" get in the way of serving God. Distractions and temptations cloud our walk with Jesus, all the while God is still the same and if we seek Him we can reach the path to holiness.

So, going back to my first point; each day it becomes easier and easier to choose a lifestyle that allows you to do whatever you want, choose a lifestyle that everyone else is choosing, choose a lifestyle where you won’t be judged, ridiculed or persecuted. Doesn’t that sound easier? Doesn’t that sound like so much more fun? To live and enjoy earthly pleasures and never have to pinpoint what you believe in. Maybe that sounds easier, but sadly this world is missing the whole point. I would rather spend my whole life trying to please God and find out at the end of it all that there is not a God than to live like there is no God and find out there is one.

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.” Psalm 84:10-12

A thousand days spent in the most favorable place on earth will never compare to the service of God. To feel His love, to rejoice our Savior, to stand in His promises and feel His almighty power, is a joy which those of worldliness cannot understand. Even a glimpse at the love of God is better than ages spent in earthly pleasures.

The lowest position in our Lord's house is better than the highest position among the world. To bear the burdens that are beginning to be associated with belief in God is more honor than to live among this wicked world. God's worst is better than the devil's best. God's doorstep is a much happier place to be than any place this world could offer. Every person on this earth has a choice to make. And He is my choice.