Workout At Home For Less Than 20 Bucks

Workout At Home For Less Than 20 Bucks

A step-by-step guide on how to build your own workout rack, weights, and bench for less than 20 bucks: Quarantine Style!

84
Workout At Home For Less Than 20 Bucks
Personal Photo

Stuck at home giving you the blues? I know personally, being away from my campus's recreation center has caused me to feel lethargic and unproductive. My boyfriend and I would workout, on average, five to six times a week when we were able to go in between classes. Now with COVID-19 causing such a stir, we have been having trouble figuring out a way to stay active, but on a college budget.

Today, we ventured far and wide seeking a way to get back into our rhythm. But, alas, we were unlucky finding a store that still had the equipment we needed for an at-home gym that we could afford.

When we were on the verge of giving up, we realized that if we just built our own bar with weights, it would be a more sustainable and creative way to stay active while spending less money.

In order to create your at-home workout station, you will need:

1. Two 20 L Buckets with Handles

Personal Photo

2. Any 60 L Bucket

Personal Photo

3. A Metal Bar, about 6 feet in length

Personal Photo

4. Two packages of stainless steel hose clamps

Personal Photo

5. Any Screwdriver

6. Any Bench

7. Any Water Hose

Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to create your homemade workout station!

Attach the Clamps to the Metal Rod

Attach the stainless steel hose clamps to either side of the metal rod. Make sure you measure the rod so the clamps are exactly the same width apart-- you don't want your bar to be crooked!

Attach 20 L Buckets

After you have attached the hose clamps to the metal rod, you are read to attach the buckets by the handles and get started with your workout! All you have to do is add water to the buckets, grab your favorite bench, and enjoy your workout!

Overall, figuring out how to make my own at-home workout station was so much fun. From the very beginning of my journey to the very end of my first workout in quarantine, I had the best time.

This is my first post on the Missouri State Odyssey Team! If you would like to let me know how I did, I am extremely curious if you found this helpful.

If you would like more quarantine workouts, give this post a share! Thank you so much for taking time to read my very first post. Stay safe and healthy out there!

Personal Photo