15 Quotes To Live By This Holiday Season

Act out of pure, blissful love and kindness

40

This holiday season, try to take a few step backs from the craziness that surrounds us. Allow yourself to reflect on the positivity in your life while at the same time, ceasing to dwell on the things you wish you could change. This world is full of beautiful miracles, small and large, that happen every single day, and sometimes, someone out there is in a little bit more need of one than you. Go out of your way this holiday season to be someone's miracle, to give, and to love. Live by these fifteen quotes throughout the season and the following New Year.

1. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop

2. "It's now how much we give, but how much love we put into giving." - Mother Theresa

3. "We rise by lifting others." Robert Ingersoll

4. "The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own." - Lao Tzu

5. "Find yourself in the service of others." - Gandhi

6. "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with." - Mark Twain

7. "When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed." - Maya Angelou

8. "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those."

9. "Happiness does not result from what we get, but from what we give." - Ben Carson

10. "There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward." - Kahlil Gibran

11. "Our greatest blessing is the fortune of good friends, being loved, and loving others." - Alan Robert Neal

12. "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more." - Melody Beattie

13. "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." - Marcus Aurelius

14. "When asked if my cup is half full or half empty, my only response is that I am grateful I have a cup."

15. "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." - Thornton Wilder