Wondering What It Is Like To Own the Latest iPhone?

You always wonder what Apple's next move will be and then they surprise you with something like the iPhone X.

170
Independent

About two weeks ago, I got the iPhone X! I have decided to write a review on it but before I start this, I'm by no means a technology person so this is probably going to be the least tech-y phone review you'll ever read.

This is my third iPhone. The first iPhone I ever owned was the iPhone 5. I loved it until it the very end of its life where it couldn't hold a charge. Before owning an iPhone, I had a bunch of iPods so I was familiar with Apple products prior. I guess you could say that now I'm addicted to Apple products. I can't stop buying them! Before I had the X, I had the iPhone 6. I didn't get the iPhone 6S, 7, or 7 plus because I felt my phone was okay at the time and I didn't feel the need to upgrade. Once I saw the 8 and 8 plus come out and the X being preordered, I thought to myself this might be the time to upgrade. My 6 was doing well besides the fact that I wanted more storage and the battery wasn't lasting as long. I knew it was time for a change. You can ask all my friends, I kept asking them which one I should upgrade to. I even made an Instagram poll! Well, if you're still with me then you know that I picked the X and here's why!

Physical Features

To be honest, when I first saw what the X looked like I wasn't really pleased. It didn't look like other iPhones. It is a phone that is made of glass, has a vertical camera, and the front is missing the infamous home button! I thought to myself, how would I learn to use this phone without a home button that I have grown so used to. Yet the same day I got my phone, I was like what is home button? I learned how to live without it so fast. If that's something that is holding you back, don't let it because it is easily to adapt to. Also color choice is very easy. It's either silver or space gray. I went with space gray.

Battery Life

There are so many things I love about this phone but the battery life is amazing! I have been using it from the moment I wake up until I go to bed and it rarely has to be charged in between then. Long battery life is something we all want in a phone and the X definitely delivers in that area.

Camera Quality

The camera quality is another great thing! I haven't explore every single feature of the camera but from what I can tell, this is probably the best camera quality I've ever had on a phone.

Face ID

I thought the whole idea of Face ID was creepy to begin with but when you actually use it, you see how cool it actually is. I can unlock my phone by just looking at it! Not only that but I can make payments using Apple Pay, and log into different apps. I don't have to worry about my fingerprint not working sometimes like how it did for Touch ID. Yes, Face ID fails sometimes but you can just put in your code if it doesn't work, just like you did for Touch ID.

Price

I know you have been all waiting for this. The price. Yes, it is a rather pricey phone but I personally think it is worth it. With proper care, this phone is going to last for years and we all use our phone way more times than we would like to admit every single day. I was originally planning to get the 8 plus since I knew I was already spending a lot, I thought why don't I spend a little more and put my trade-in credit towards it. I have no regrets because I really like my new phone!