Why Do Women Tear Each Other Down Instead Of Build Each Other Up?
Feminism

Ladies, Our Strength Comes From Building Each Other Up, Not Tearing Each Other Down

Being a backstabber does not make you strong.

345
Women walking together

If you look in the mirror at the end of the day, what do you see? Do you see a daughter? Mother? Sister? Friend? Wife? Girlfriend? What do YOU see?

The common thing we should all see is that we are women. That is the tie that binds us and holds us all together. That bond should be unbreakable. It should not be withered by pettiness, distrust, hate, jealousy or any form of ugliness.

As women, we are at our strongest when we are supporting each other and building each other up. We are at our weakest when we tear each other down and betray one another.

Why do we feel the need to hurt one another?

What satisfaction do we get from stabbing each other in the back?

What good does it do to hurt your friend or some other girl you don't even know?

Maybe it makes you feel stronger. Maybe it makes you feel invincible. Maybe it takes away your pain just for a moment. What you don't realize is that you're not only hurting someone else, but you're hurting yourself too. You're creating this hole in your heart with every unkind word you say and every sad action you make. Each time you hurt someone, the hole becomes deeper and bigger until you're left with emptiness. You are left with only yourself.

How does that emptiness make you strong?

It doesn't make you strong.

It makes you weak because you broke someone down.

Yes, someone may have been horrible to you first, but the cycle must end. Don't continue the chain of hurt by destroying others just because it happened to you. What good does that do? If we took the time to think before we act, we could save ourselves and others loads of suffering. Acting out of anger and pain is normal because we are human. Humans make mistakes, and we mess up. It is OK to make a mistake.

You must be prepared to live with that mistake and the aftermath.

Do you like being hurt? Do you like knowing you hurt someone? Some people probably don't care, but they will one day. They will care when their actions catch up to them, and they have to deal with the consequences of a decision they made long ago.

We are at our weakest when we break each other down.

We are at our weakest when we cause someone pain.

We are our weakest when we watch someone suffer and walk away.

Our strength comes from building each other up.

Our strength comes from reaching out and showing kindness.

Our strength comes from putting aside pettiness and jealousy.

Our strength comes from showing we care.

Break the cycle of women tearing each other down, and lift up those around you.