Women are doing more after a break up

Women Aren’t Just Cutting Their Hair After A Breakup Anymore

The age of women changing their hair after a breakup is over.

923
https://unsplash.com/photos/FJaUVL8pwjk

The age of women changing their hair after a breakup is over. What used to be an adequate form of therapy isn't enough for most us anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love changing my hair up when I'm feeling down and changing your hair after a breakup still feels great. But lately I've been craving more, and I know I'm not alone.

I've been seeing it everywhere with women when they go through a breakup or a really hard time. Instead of cutting their hair women are changing up their wardrobe, they're getting tattoos, they're getting piercings, they're working out or they're traveling. They're becoming the best version of themselves, the woman they've always wanted to be.

I started out small. I dated a guy who didn't think I should cut my hair and shouldn't pierce my nose. So what did I do? I broke up with him, cut my hair and pierced my nose. I started small, changing my hair and getting a nose piercing didn't seem too crazy. But each breakup or crappy situation I go through I keep craving a bigger change. I kept trying to keep myself this sweet girl with no tattoos, no crazy piercings and pretty long hair because it seemed that's what every guy wanted.

Screw that. Screw what guys want. In the past couple years, I've gotten five piercings and five tattoos and have rocked short hair despite guys always saying longer hair is more attractive. You know why? Because I want to.

I want to pierce whatever I want, I want to be covered in tattoos and I want to dye or cut my hair how I see fit. I'm sick of doing things according to what I think others will like. I've seen women transform into who they really want to be after a breakup and I think it's a beautiful thing. Instead of just cutting their hair and trying to keep themselves a certain way that they think will please people, they're becoming themselves.

This isn't in any way an article to try and bash men and say that all men try to control the way women look. That isn't the case at all. I've met plenty of guys who don't try to tell women they should look a certain way and think it's great when a woman does what she truly wants. It's just relieving now to see women not caring what others think of them anymore and doing what they've always been told is unattractive.

So to the girl going through a breakup or a rough time in general, get that tattoo, get that piercing or pick up and move states if you want. Do what you've been scared to do. If it helps with dealing with whatever pain you're going through, do it. You won't regret it.