Captain Marvel Empowers Women, Not Demeans Men

Dear Greg Morse, Women Are Superheroes Too

Thank you Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHxvxdRnYc

Greg Morse wrote, "As I consider Disney's new depiction of feminist in Captain Marvel, I cannot help but mourn. How far we've come since the days when we seek to protect and cherish our women. The great drumroll of the previous Avenger movies led to this: a woman protecting men and saving the world."

GASP!

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Okay, let me take a step back and breathe for a moment.

I get what you're trying to say. I get that you're really calling out men to stand up and fight. But I think you're just a tad bit mistaken.

For you to look at this movie and take it as you did, that's evidence of how women have been fighting a lot longer than you think.

This movie was to empower women. You saw it as a means to demean men. But empowering women doesn't take anything away from men unless you yourself let it.

Women aren't trying to take the place of men on the battlefield. In fact, we're not trying to take their place at all.

We're just finally not hiding our own strength behind men.

I'm talking about our strength on battlefields of all kinds.

The strength to fight for our emotional, mental, and physical health.

The strength to fight to be seen as we are not who we pretend to be.

The strength to be treated the way we should be treated - not as tools for use but as precious jewels as you have actually claimed us to be.

So calling them out asking if they have forgotten how precious women are just because Captain Marvel has received praise in her own right? Are you kidding me?!?!

Our strength and our confidence do not make us any less feminine. It doesn't make us less precious.

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." - Proverbs 31:25

To tell our men to rise up because they've believed for far too long in what you call a "lucrative ideology" than women can be just as strong...that's demeaning for both sexes.

They should rise up on their own accord not because you tell them we can't be strong. And women should never have had to hide their strength in the first place just because it doesn't always like your ideal strength.

You know what, you're right Morse. We have come a long way since the days of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Disney Princesses strengths are portrayed now too.

While you mourn behind your computer screen, we'll be out in the world rejoicing.

Because we women will not be sleeping our lives away to appease you.

Yes, women can be princesses and superheroes at the same time. It's not feminist lust, it's a fact of reality.

My own mother herself is a superhero. She works herself endlessly to provide for her family. But guess what! Her strength doesn't take away my dad's strength at all. He provides for his family, he fights for us daily. Their strength together makes them one of the strongest teams I have ever witnessed.

So to the women of this generation who are tired of it, you were never meant to dumb yourself down or make yourself weak for man's approval and you don't have to anymore.

You can be a superhero too!