To The Woman Who Changed My Life

To The Woman Who Changed My Life

Thank you for never giving up on me.

29
To The Woman Who Changed My Life
Danielle Walls

What can you say to the perfect woman other than "thank you?" Thank you for teaching me to be a leader and for answering my two million questions a day. Thank you for believing in me even when I felt like I couldn't do anything right. Thank you for working your butt to make Tri Delta the best it can be. Thank you for being a shining example of exactly who I want to be. I love you, Sister President.

I remember Bid Day when I told Tri Delta "no" while sitting on the couch next to my youngest brother. A few weeks later, I said "no" again and again. I did not want Tri Delta until you held a bid card out to me; it was you who changed my mind, and it was you who initiated the change in my life. For that, I cannot thank you enough.

You pushed me to become secretary and worked closely with me to mentor me and, now I know, prepare me for things to come. The day you passed the President's ring to me is the day I realized how amazing you truly are. When I have my doubting days, you push aside your own worries to comfort me and give me advice. There has never been a day when you have not told me exactly what I needed to hear even if it was to get my butt in gear. When I have thousands of questions, you take your time to answer each one.

You've made me laugh more times than I can count between inappropriate subjects that shouldn't be mentioned here to Disney movies and karaoke. Your happiness is so contagious, and I cannot imagine my life without your laugh. You are such a beautiful soul, and there is not a sane person who does not love you.

Meg, you have changed my life for the better, and I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for never giving up on me.