I Woke Up After Trump Was Elected
Politics

I Woke Up After Trump Was Elected

Here's what happened

13
I Woke Up After Trump Was Elected
InsideGov

It's November 9th, 2016. I woke up at 6, which is way too early considering I went to bed shortly after 2 A.M. I got ready and drove to work. On my way there, I saw people with Gary Johnson stickers lining their bumpers and wondered how they feel today. I went into work and people were happy; they didn't stay up half the night biting into their nails, wondering what's going to happen today. They slept soundly because they aren't affected, or maybe don't even care, about went on the night before.

While my morning was basically okay, aside from feeling a never ending wave of nausea, there are many others who are going to wake up to something horrible.

Immigrant families are going to wake up wondering where they might be in a few months time. They're going to cry at the thought of losing their children, their mother, their brother, their wife.

Middle class families are waking up and watching the stock market start to crash. Those same people are going to work and wondering that if this keeps up, if they'll have a job in the next few years because the last time a Republican took the White House, we saw the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

Women are going to walk the streets terrified of men that lurk around the corner, because their President can rape a woman without consequences, so why can't they? Women are going to go to work, and perform the same job as a man, and receive less pay. Women are going to be assaulted and be too afraid to come forward, because they all saw what happened when Trump was exposed and the majority of the country turned a blind eye. Women, who are counting on Planned Parenthood to provide them with medical services and birth control are scared, because it's likely it's going to be defunded for good.

The LGBT community as a whole is going to wake up terrified. Their marriage rights they just gained are probably going to get taken away. Now more than ever, they're going to be afraid to hold their partner's hand in public. That beautiful female couple down the road who just got engaged... their wedding planning is on hold. The transgender woman who just started to feel safe on her own skin, now she's petrified.

Not to mention people of color, especially black people, who thought America was moving forward. They are all sitting at home, or at work, absolutely stunned. Because yesterday, we were staring at our first black President and now, our new President has been endorsed by the KKK.

So everyone who voted Third Party, who didn't vote at all, or if you voted for that racist, sexist, homophobic, egotistical, absolute joke of a human being, I really hope you're happy. I hope that it was all worth it to you. But even more than that, I hope you woke up on November 9th and saw the consequences of your actions, even though it's beyond too late to do anything about it.