11 Ways To Survive Winter, As Told By "Stranger Things"

Eleven and Mike approved.

101
Peliculero

I'm pretty sure that trying to get out of bed when you know you will be frozen solid the moment you do, is one of the hardest tasks in winter. The last thing you want to do is leave your warm sheets for cold air. But Mike would have never survived the upside-down, and Eleven would have never survived the woods with that attitude. Here are 10 ways "Stranger Things" taught us to survive the cold.

1. Drink coffee

Coffee is the source of everything good in this world. It will wake you up and make you feel warm inside and has the added bonus of warming your hands. I highly recommend getting a coffee maker and one of those boujee creamers to make it taste like a real macchiato without having to pay for it. Coffee has the added bonus of making you a very skeptical cop.

2. Stock up on your favorite foods

This is a no-brainer. How else are you supposed to survive the cold if you don't have carbs to comfort you? Answer: you can't, there is no other option, you need snacks.

3. Group hangouts

Strength in numbers right? Try to spend more time with your buds watching Netflix and eating candy from Halloween and Eggo waffles.

This one gets a bonus gif because friends should be together in times of crisis (as seen above) and in times of awesomeness (as seen below).

4. Spend more time studying and less time wishing your grades would magically improve

Taking good notes is important so that you can actually read what you learned in class. If the government that is conspiring against you takes good notes, you take even better notes.

5. A BIG WARM JACKET

It's an essential. If our favorite little heroine needs one, you do too. I highly recommend one that is twice as big as you are so that in case of emergency you can become a cocoon inside it.

6. Work out

Cold mornings are often accompanied by stiff bodies, so move around! Do something that will wake you and your body up. I highly recommend listening to Dustin and going for a run to warm you up.

This one also gets a bonus gif because there is a lot of people running away from things in this show. So you should probably just do it.

7. Make a playlist that will make you get out of bed

Who cares if people think your music is weird? It's winter, which means everyone is equally cold and ~strange~, feel free to have a dance party.

8. Look cute=feel cute?

Maybe you thrive in sweatpants–I fall into this category–you should probably wear them to class so you can focus, without thinking about how itchy your jeans are. If you're a person that likes to dress up–I can't relate, but YGG– then dress up! Literally, wear what makes you feel good this winter.

9. Eat breakfast

It might be one of the last things you want to take time to do in the morning, but you should make time for it because it's delicious. Plus breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

10. Eat all your other meals too

I don't know what it is about the cold that seems so foreboding, but I promise if you eat the Demogorgon won't get you.

11. Turn up the heat

If there's anything we learned during the second season, it's that anyone who likes a cold room is probably possessed. So make like Joyce and get as many heaters as you can find.

"Stranger Things" taught us to value our friendships, warmth and comfort food. I think if we're going to make it out of the cold, we're going to desperately need all three of those things. If you've read this long for the advice from "Stranger Things," I hope this helped you're better able to prepare for the first week back in classes. If you scrolled this long for the gif of Dustin waving goodbye, I've got that covered too.