Make The Most Of Your Winter Break

Make The Most Of Your Winter Break

​Not everyone is as fortunate as UD students with a winter break until February, but everyone can definitely make the most of their time off.
92

Finally, we can all say that we survived our fall semester and take a break! It's time for holidays and the winter season, and on behalf of college students, we could not be more excited.

One of the best things to do after you binge-watch all of your Netflix shows and meet up with all your friends is start working. I love being able to work over break, whether it's at my internship or at my part time job. It’s a good way to spend time and make some money while your home, while gaining some real world experience.

Another thing is to start making your New Year’s Resolutions. Whether its to make Dean’s List next semester, make more time for yourself, or to rush a sorority, it's a great way to start your year in an organized fashion. Even if resolutions aren’t your thing, try just making a bucket list and seeing what you can accomplish for 2018.

Maybe even consider taking college courses over the winter. I personally am taking two classes online and I feel like it will not only be a great experience but it will give me a chance to prepare for a possible double major or a 4+1 Masters program. It’s a good idea to plan what you’re doing so you don’t overbook yourself.

Go back to Hulu and Netflix for a minute and find something new to watch. You’re going to want down time, so watching the 22 seasons of America’s Next Top Model is a good idea. If you don’t know what to watch consider Stranger Things, Riverdale, Gossip Girl, or any reality cooking show on Hulu. Then after you watch said cooking show, you should probably try out some new recipes!

One of my favorite things to do while I’m home is simply to just drive around my town and see the things I haven’t seen while I was away at school. It’s always pretty cool to see how things have changed and what’s still the same, also you could find things that you never knew were there.

Try saying yes to most things, even if its something you wouldn’t have normally done. If someone you didn’t expect asks you to hangout, go for it! Just have fun and make the most of your time at home because before you know it, it will be time to go back to school.

Go into the city if you live near one, spend time with family as much as possible, and do whatever makes you the happiest. That’s what you should really focus on, yourself. In all honesty, the winter break is the best chance to destress from fall semester and prepare yourself to do even better for the spring semester, so take care of yourself and put yourself first. I know sometimes that’s easier said than done, but make sure you’re happy in whatever you do.

Don’t forget to enjoy the little things and take moments for yourself because we all know how hectic things can be when we’re back home from college. Here’s to hopes of minimal (but pretty) snow, amazing opportunities, fun with family and friends, and whatever your heart desires this winter break.

Oh, and of course stay warm!