5 Winter Activities To Do Before Spring Arrives

Enjoy winter while you can!

9
Miranda Price

I hear people complaining all the time about how much they don't like winter, the cold, the snow, etc., and I understand that, but I've always loved winter. Perhaps it's because my birthday is in it, but I also love the snow and how pretty everything is. I say all this to emphasize that the feeling I have now is very strange - I'm actually kinda tired of winter and snow! That's saying something! I'm ready for warm weather and flowers and pretty birds. I realize, however, that part of me will miss the winter when it's gone, so I'm making a list of fun activities to keep myself in the cozy winter spirit. Maybe this will help me appreciate the snow a little more while I still have it.

Without further ado, here are a few things that you can do before spring gets here:

1. Hot tea/chocolate.

Technically, you can have this any time of the year, but what better time to have it than during the cold weather? You feel all cozy, and your belly gets warm. The steam fogs up your glasses, and you feel like you just gave yourself a little treat.

2. Cozy blankets and sweaters.

You know what goes well with that hot beverage? A nice, cozy blanket and a giant sweatshirt! This is probably my favorite part of cold weather. I love thick blankets anyway, but now I can have them without getting heatstroke. You can curl up with a good book or Netflix and spend a snowy afternoon inside. You could snuggle by yourself, with an animal, or with a special someone.

3. Fireplaces.

We have a digital fireplace at my house, but it still feels so wintery and warm! You can't have those in the summertime! It's nice to just look into the fire and relax for a bit.

4. Snowmen.

Building snowmen, having snowball fights, and even making snow ice cream (if people even do that) are classic wintery activities. Yes, you'll have to get cold and wet in order to do it, but it's a lot of fun gathering your friends and family together to create something or to tussle around.

5. Staying inside.

I know this is another problem that people have with winter. You just get so antsy and claustrophobic and want to go enjoy the sun. But some people are like me and like staying in the house...away from people. Obviously, you shouldn't do this too often, but having some time to stay inside and spend time on your own can be really refreshing. Again, you could do this in the warm weather too, but you'll want to go outside and enjoy the heat when it comes. With the winter, you get an excuse to stay inside and be by yourself for a bit.

I know we all want spring to come, and that's okay! It's okay to want to get out of the house and break out the summer clothes. Unfortunately for those who live in a climate with the winter season, we can't control it.

As a general rule, it's best to try to enjoy the season you're in. You don't want to waste all of your time wishing it were warmer or colder - that won't make it happen. Try to find things that get you excited for during the time that you're in. Hopefully, this list helped spark a little winter warmth or at least gave you some ideas for what you can do to enjoy your snow days a little more.

Good luck!