These Songs Were Made For Summer Drives

These are the songs that are perfect to sing to in your car with the windows down. Whether you're on your way to the beach with friends, or on your way home from a long day at work.

I love finding new music, and hearing what other people are listening to because it gives insight to others lives'. I saw that a lot of people have been posting the best summer songs, and a lot of my favorite songs weren't on theirs. I believe that the best music for summer is a mix of country, pop, R&B and rap. So here's my list that I garentee is the best one out there.

1. "Toes" by Zac Brown Band

A fun song that feels exactly like summer. It has the mix of Spanish and English lyrics.

Best Lyric:

"I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand/ Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand/ Life is good today, life is good today"

2. "You Deserve Better" by James Arthur

Best Lyric:

"And I hope you find somebody else/ That'll love you like nobody else/And I hope he gives you something real, oh, I love you still/ But you deserve better, better, better, better."

3. "Call Me Crazy" by Sam Woolf ft. Christina Gallingan

Remember that teenage heartthrob that was on American Idol, the one that sounded like Ed Sheeran? He had a toothy grin and a music note tattoo on his arm that even made Harry Connick Jr. fall for him. Boy, hasn't he grown up.

Best lyrics:

"We're insane/ So I'll share the blame/ There's a balance in the love we make"

"Call me crazy/ But it's all good/ when your acting shady/ so keep on playing/ let's get faded"

4. "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson

It's a song about being proud to be a country girl and supporting each other.

Best Lyrics:

"So here's to all my sisters/ Out there keeping it country/ Let me get a big 'hell yeah'/ From the red neck girls like me/ Hell yeah"

"'Cause I'm a redneck woman/ I ain't no high class broad/ I'm just a product of my raising/ I say 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'"

5. "Get Out While You Can" by James Bay

Best Lyric:

"Don't let the nights slip through your hands/ The world is wide from where you stand"

6. "Pink Champagne" by Nick Lopez

A lot of people haven't heard of this song, but it has that island feel that is a must for any summer playlist. Plus It's lyrics have the Spanglish vibe that absolutely breathes summer.

Best Lyrics:

"Hola chica, you got that fuego, fuego and I know I need ya"

"I'll just watch you do your thing/sippin' on that pink champagne, yeah/ Girl, go to work/ dance in that oversized 1980s Rolling Stones T-shirt"

7. "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock

I don't know about your state, but when you're from Michigan, this song is a go-to classic. Your parents, siblings, friends and even your little cousins know all the words. Every lyric in this describes a summer in Northern Michigan perfectly.

Best Lyrics:

"Catching Walleye form the dock/ watching the waves roll off the rocks."

"[I was] caught somewhere between a boy and man/ she was seventeen and she was far from in-between/ it was summertime in Northern Michigan. "

8. "IDGAF" by Dua Lipa

"IDGAF" is not like the typical summer song because this isn't about how much somebody loves somebody else. This is about finally moving on and starting over.

Best Lyrics:

"You say you're sorry/ But its too late now/ So save it, get gone, shut up/ 'Cause if you think I care about you now/ Well, boy, I don't give a fuck"

"So I made my decision/ 'Cause you made your bed sleep in it"

9. "Storm Warning" by Hunter Hayes

Hunter Hayes is one of those artists who has mastered the art of creating the perfect summer songs. "I Want Crazy", "Storm Warning" and "I Mean You" are my favorite summer songs of his.

Best Lyrics:

"I got a feeling by the time the night finds the morning/ I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning."

"Ain't it funny how it feels when you're burning your wheels somewhere between going and gone/ You get so lost that you can't turn it off, you give in and you just turn it on."

10. "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes

Best Lyric:

"Do you got plans tonight?/ I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan, and I/ I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight"

11. "Shout Out to My Ex" by Little Mix

No explanation needed.

Best lyric:

"Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now/ Well, I'm, I'm all the way up/ I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down."

12. "All to Myself" by Dan + Shay

Best Lyrics:

"Let our bodies do the talking/ Let our shadows paint the wall"

"Slip your hand in my back pocket/ Go and let your long hair fall"

13. "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty

Feels like an appropriate song for the political climate.

Best Lyrics:

"I believe the world is burning to the ground/ Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out/ Let's see how far we've come"

"I sat down on the street and took a look at myself/ Said where you going man you know the world is headed for hell/ Say your goodbyes if you've got someone you can say goodbye to"