Why You Should Watch Demi Lovato's Documentary 'Simply Complicated'

"This is real, this is me. I'm exactly where I am supposed to be."

67
Grammy Museum

Demi Lovato, an American singer, songwriter, and actress, recently came out with an extremely personal documentary about her rise to fame.

Most of us were first introduced to Demi in 2008. Ya know, her Disney Channel/Camp Rock days. From there, and to this day, she has stolen our hearts and topped the charts with one hit song after another. Demi was different, though. She wasn't what we were used to seeing, but that's what drove us to like her so much.

The documentary really dives into Demi's life and really shows us a completely different side of Demi. A Demi who had problems with drugs. A Demi who struggled with her self-image. A Demi who was bullied growing up.

Because she's in the limelight, Demi has to deal with extreme pressure. In the documentary, we learn that this pressure created anxiety, depression, and drove her to her drug and alcohol addiction.

I commend Demi on her opening up. So many girls are dealing with what she was; watching this could really help them. I also feel as though making this documentary shines a light on the fact that, even though what we see in magazines, tv, or social media may look like the perfect life, it's not always the case.

Demi was dealing with a lot and, essentially, hid the dark side of her life from her fans and from the world. Nothing is really as it seems. I think this documentary did a great job of shedding light on issues that are rarely talked about.

“The last decade has taught me a lifetime of lessons.”

Demi is an extremely talented human; she's hardworking and loving. She is a role model for many of us and I commend her for creating this documentary. It was really big for her to expose herself and all that she dealt with growing up.

For anyone that is struggling like she did or for anyone going through a hard time, this will help you.