Why You Should Vote and Why It Matters
Politics

Why You Should Vote and Why It Matters

Go!! Get out there and vote!!!

2
Why You Should Vote and Why It Matters

This week is going to change history as we all know it.

This year's election is the biggest thing in the news today, wherever you look, there is no escaping it - maybe it's because I'm more attentive as I'm older and things like this actually matter to me, or maybe it's that I'm finally able to vote in a presidential election (seeing as I fell a year short during the last election).

Here are ten reasons why you should go and vote, and why it matters.

1. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

2. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

3. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

4. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

5. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

6. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

7. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

8. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

9. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

10. So Donald Trump doesn't get elected president.

Okay, all joking aside, it's important that you and everyone eligible to get out and vote go and do it! Here are five actualreasons why you should...

1. As a young adult, this is your future for the next four (to potentially eight) years. Although you might think that the results of this won't directly affect you as a person right now, odds are it will in the next few years. Think about it - I'm a college senior this year, and you might be too, and the outcome of the election is going to be something I'm actively going to have to deal with and you will be, too.

2. Your vote could swing the outcome. Let's say the vote is tied and it could be going in any direction. Your vote, and plenty of other people's votes could help push it in the direction your rooting for.

3. Mob mentality, people. If you decide it's not important to vote, then other people are going to decide it's not important to vote, and (not to anyone's surprise) chain reaction - nobody is going to be voting, your voice won't get heard, someone who is ill-equipped to run the country is going to run the country and decide your future (so let's not have that happen).

4.Our government is a democracy. You gotta remember that we, the people, have the power to have our voices heard and make a change. People are counting on your vote to help make any kind of change.

5. You have the right to vote, you should goshdarnit go and do it. It's been less than 100 years since women have fought and earned the right to vote.

Even if you don't like both of the candidates, there's always a third party nominee, or you'll be putting the candidate you feel less frustration about into office. Your opinion doesn't have to be a popular opinion, it doesn't have to be your mom's opinion or your teacher's opinion, or even your best friend's opinion. What matters is that you're making an informed decision and one that matters to you.