4 Reasons Why College Students Need A Pair of Birkenstocks In Their Closet Right Now

Because Birkenstocks Birken-rock!
188

Upon first seeing the style of Birkenstocks, it’s easy to understand why some people just don’t get the appeal. After all, they aren’t exactly the most stylish pair of shoe someone could own; the brown strappy sandals can easily be an eyesore for some and many just don’t think Birkenstocks are the right shoe for them. And I felt the same exact way at first.

So, just hear me out—I promise, once you try them on, you’ll be addicted. And here’s why:

1. They’re comfortable.

One of the best things about Birkenstocks is how comfortable they are.

Sure, it takes some time getting used to wearing them in the beginning. They aren’t like ordinary flip flops where they’re super light on your feet or have a little band between your toes to keep them on.

Because of this, it may take a little bit to get used to walking in them. You might feel like you’re slipping out of your shoe constantly, having to re-adjust the straps of the shoe the first few times you wear them. Yet once you find the tightness that’s best for you, you’re all set!

2. You can wear them in the winter and the summer - no problem!

It may sound a little crazy to wear flip-flops in the winter, but honestly? Flip flops and socks are definitely the way to go!

Before investing in Birkenstocks, I saw so many students on my college campus rocking the Birks and socks look and at first, I was a little taken back. After all, doesn’t it seem a little weird to wear socks and flip-flops? Not only in the summer but especially in the winter?!

But after I tried it, I was officially hooked!

There’s nothing better than throwing on a cute pair of socks (that would be covered if you decided to wear boots instead of Birks!) that match your outfit, throwing on some leggings and slipping on your Birks. It makes getting dressed in the morning so much easier.

3. Late for class? No worries! They practically go with anything.

Building on my last point, practically anything goes with Birks, no matter what season it is.

Want to dress comfy and casual? Birks are perfect to slip on with leggings and an oversized sweater or even a t-shirt and sweatpants! Looking to dress it up a little? Birks and skinny jeans help create a cute, dressy look! Or even throw on a summer dress and slip your Birks on to create an effortless, dressy look!

Next time, you sleep through your alarm and you have to rush to class, you’ll be thankful you have a pair of Birks to quickly slip on and go!

4. They last a pretty long time.

When initially looking at investing in a pair of Birks, I was truly stunned to see the prices of them. It felt like it would be so much to invest that amount of money on a pair of shoes.

Yet after looking into it, it’s evident just how long they last for. Reviews after reviews continuously rave about how durable these shoes are. So, if that amount of money can give you a pair of shoes that will last for years?! That’s certainly worth the price!

While they are simple, Birkenstocks are definitely a must-need for all college student’s wardrobe. They make the walk to and from class and getting dressed in the morning so so much easier. The $99 is certainly a little daunting for any college student. And if you’re hesitant, like me, you can find knock-off Birks for $39.99 at DSW.

So find yourself a pair of Birks (or the knock-off kind!) that works best for you. I promise, they’ll quickly become the only shoe you want to wear.