Why We Have Been Conditioned To Hate The Color Pink

Just because you like the color blue, does not mean you hate the color pink.

403

The color pink is used to symbolize women since before they are even born. Boys are blue, girls are pink, and both genders keep their badges throughout their lifetime. So, why do boys refrain from owning anything pink, and why are many girls taught to hate the color pink though adolescence?

During almost all girls' teenage angst phase, pink is the last color you want to own, wear, or be associated with. We are taught that the color is girly, thus symbolizing weakness and sensitivity according to those internally misogynistic. We never wanted to be labeled as girly because of the negative connotation associated with it. "Real men wear pink" equates femininity to weakness, causing most girls to fake hate pink.

After growing out of believing what society conditions us to think about women, you realize how beautiful and enchanting the color pink is! Thinking that things are bad because they are "feminine" only supports toxic masculinity. Just because you like the color blue, does not mean you hate the color pink.