Why the TV Show Friends is So Relatable

Why the TV Show Friends is So Relatable

1767
Why the TV Show Friends is So Relatable

Since its release on Netflix, Friends has become the new hit show that everyone is raging about. Growing up, I remember watching reruns of Friends on Nick at Nite with my mom. I loved it then, but being able to watch it in it's entirety has made me love it even more. 

So what makes this show so special? Our generation loves it, our parent's generation loves it, it's just a universally loved show! I think part of its appeal is its level of relatability. It's just about a bunch of friends hanging out and going about their everyday lives. Sure shows like Scandal and Grey's Anatomy are entertaining and thrilling, but there is no way that people's lives are that complicated and constantly filled with conflict. 

Another reason Friends is so relatable is because we all have friends like Rachel, Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe and I'm sure you can all see parts of yourself in each of them. So let's take a look at each of these lovable characters to see how relate able and awesome they each are. 

Rachel

Rachel is kind of the whiny princess of the group. Growing up as privileged as she did, she's kinda clueless as to how the real world works. However, she is such a sweetheart that you can't help but love her and you know that all of her intentions are good. 

Ross 

Ross is the geeky, awkward friend that everyone needs in their lives. He is filled with miscellaneous fun facts and many cringe worth moments. Whether he's stumbling for words or making a fool out of himself in front of a girl, friends like Ross provide endless entertainment. 

Joey 

Joey is the friend who refuses to grow up. His extreme love for food, his sexual comments, and his outlandish ideas make him one of the most lovable characters of the show. 

Chandler 

Chandler is the sarcastic, insecure friend. We love to laugh at his witty jokes, his fear of commitment, and his awful luck with the ladies

Monica 

Let's be honest — we all have a little bit of Monica in us. We all have our weird, OCD tendencies and inside each of us is a fat girl who just wants to eat Kit-Kats. Although she can be a little overbearing at times, we all love her. 

Phoebe 

And last but certainly not least, we have Phoebe — the oddball of the group. Her ridiculous songs, her crazy hairstyles, and her spirituality have taught us that we should never take life too seriously and we should all embrace the weirdo within us.

So there ya have it! I hope when reading this you saw parts of yourself in each character and I hope you have friends like this cast because let's be honest, we all need a little Rachel, Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe in our lives.