5 Reasons You Should Start Up A Bullet Journal

It truly might be for everyone.

8

Recently, while on a Youtube binge session one night, I found a Youtuber who goes by AmandaRachLess. She is not much older than I am, but she makes videos of her bullet journal and does some 'plan with me' videos.

Bullet journaling is essentially where you get a blank journal, some come with dotted or blank pages, and can make your very own agenda book. One that helps keep you up to date with what you have going on in your life or use to help your creativity flow.

My big also has one that she uses to jot down all of the information that she needs. She has even told me that it is a lifesaver. So I took it upon myself to begin bullet journaling and it has actually been one of my favorite experiences thus far!

1. Makes you actually up to date.

c1.staticflickr.com

One issue I always have with agenda notebooks is that I don't stay up to date with them or I use them for only a short amount of time. With a bullet journal, not only am I creating different spreads, but I am actually keeping track of what I need to do for the next month and how I am doing emotionally.

2. So much to do.

With a bullet journal, you have so much free rein when it comes to how you want the design to be. Many people even do trackers within theirs to keep them up to date with their mood, grocery lists, spending or whatever they want to track. It is really interesting seeing the different ideas that people come up with!

3. It actually motivates you.

I am the type of person who loves checklists. So being able to have the actual space to make out checklists so I know that I NEED to be doing is amazing!

4. It makes for a great present.

I asked my parents for my bullet journal set for my birthday, and not going to lie it is by far my favorite birthday present ever. Calligraphy pens or any pens that can be used for it are amazing and decently priced, so it's no wonder they make as exciting presents -- especially for someone like me who LOVES stationary.

5. It's a surefire way to express yourself and relax.

I love to doodle, but usually, it comes out looking like crap. However, with my journal, there's something about it that makes it feel like my doodling is actually pretty good. I wouldn't say to the point where I could enter into any art contests and win, but at least to the point where it expresses my style and lets me entertain myself for a few hours. It is also super relaxing to work on a new spread when it comes time to create a new month in the journal.

The bullet journal community is so different, yet everyone is able to make such interesting and beautiful spreads. There are no two similar and it's so interesting to watch someone make theirs!

If this gets you to think about starting one, here is a recent video that AmandaRachLee did on her channel! She also has a ton of videos about more information for beginners that are incredibly helpful. Happy journaling! :)

PLAN WITH ME | December 2018 Bullet Journal Setup www.youtube.com