Positivity Is Key

Positivity Is Key

Especially in the worst of times.

20
Positivity Is Key
amessageinablog.com

I never knew how much this quote meant to me until very recently. If that quote is the single most important words you live your life by, you will be a happy person indeed. For those three words explain the way of human life. We are constantly comparing ourselves to others. Who has more money, who is smarter, who has gone through more, who is more beautiful, and the list goes on. The key is, our mindset is one of the only things we have complete control over. The way we perceive the world around us is the way in which we live.

When my father died recently it was absolutely the most pain and hurt I have ever felt. It is hard to imagine life as good when terrible events like the passing of a loved one hit you like a ton of bricks. I had to think hard. I had to realize how many people in the world have never even met their dads. I had to realize how blessed I was to have a loving dad that was there for me during the most important years of growth in my life. I had to realize that some people have no parents at all. I had to realize that the world around me was going to keep going even with what I was going through. After thinking positively, I was able to navigate life better than I would have ever imagined.

Through the process, many people said to me: “You are so strong. I can't even imagine what you're going through.” and “you are handling everything so well.” I started to question myself. Should I beMORE sad? No. I hadn’t been “strong.” I had a glass half full perspective when the world thought it should be half empty. I found positivity like a needle in a haystack. I now know that if I could find that glimmer in a world of grief, then I could find it with anything life has to throw at me.

Everyone’s story is different. Completely and utterly different. There is not one person on this planet (nor will there ever be) quite like you, or know what you have thought and felt. You have the ability to make your own reality a better one. It is truly your outlook on the situations you face. Instead of staggering behind with sad and definite events, go out and explore your future of happiness.