17 Reasons October Is My Favorite Month

17 Reasons October Is My Favorite Month

What I enjoy most during October

72
17 Reasons October Is My Favorite Month

October is undoubtedly my favorite time of the year. Here are a few things I look forward to and enjoy during the month.

1. The Weather

The weather goes from overbearingly hot to nice and cool. October is the introduction to winter and, usually, is not too hot and not too cold which is the best temperature. Absolutely perfect weather.

2. Leaves are changing color

The leaves are beautiful and they're fun to step on when they're on the ground!

3. Bonfires

Okay so bonfires go on throughout the winter but October seems to be the time when bonfire gatherings begin. Rather than being freezing cold next to an outdoor fire you are bearably cold in a cozy sweatshirt, enjoying time with your friends and maybe eating some s'mores and listening to some good music.

4. Pumpkin Patches

Who doesn't love the aesthetic of pumpkin patches? There's scarecrows, hay bales, pumpkins, and, who could forget, the many picture opportunities the pumpkin patch has to offer! Oh, and picking out the perfect pumpkin.

5. Halloween

I get absolutely giddy when I see Halloween items being put in stores. Halloween is my favorite "holiday" so when the decorations come out, it's time to get festive. I'll admit, Halloween is my favorite part of October. I love everything about Halloween but I think it just brings more fun to the beginning of fall.

6. All The Candy

There's more candy on sale than there usually is and that means it's time to stock up. It's also acceptable to eat candy as much as you want. Who's stopping you?

7. Haunted Houses

October is prime time for haunted houses! It's one thing to watch a scary movie and it's another thing feeling like you're IN the movie.You know these actors are not going to hurt you but sometimes, they come close, which is the thrill of it all. Speaking of, I've seen ads about a simulated zombie apocalypse that uses actors as zombies and you have a mission to accomplish. Honestly, if I could participate in one of those, that would be the ultimate hay day.

8. Decorations

I love seeing Halloween items being put in stores and I love seeing how people use those items even more! From the cute, minimalistic decorations to the big and extravagant decorations, I love it all. It's fun to see how people express themselves through festive decor like personalized jack-o-lanterns, lights, inflatables, and how they decorate their porches. Decorations of all kinds are what I look forward to the most during the end of the year.

9. Costumes

I love to browse the Halloween section in any store and think of all the ways people can decorate or come up with a costume. It never ceases to amaze me what costumes I see when I go trick-or-treating. Again, I love seeing how people express themselves through their costumes. Whether they dress up as their favorite character or animal, it is fun to see what people come up with. Of course, I can go to something like Comic-Con and see people dress up just like they do on Halloween but it just isn't the same.

10. The Music

Honestly, I like Halloween music more than I like Christmas music. I have Spooky Scary Skeletons stuck in my head more often than any Christmas song, and I'm fine with it. I guess I just like the aura that the minor key signature gives the music. Whatever it is, it's my favorite.

11. Scary Movie Nights

What's a better way to be festive than watching a scary movie with your friends? Just turn on the TV and there is plenty to choose from!

12. The Festivities

All holidays have festivities! There's hayrides, parades, pumpkin carving, pumpkin walks, even pumpkin catapulting, and so much more. Participating in festivities of any kind are very enjoyable but it's even more fun when you're with your friends, enjoying the weather, and having fun at any occasion.

13. Pumpkin SpiceĀ 

Roll your eyes if you must but pumpkin spice is back and everyone is happy!

14. Also, pumpkin everything

There is pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, and too many other pumpkin things. You name it, it probably has a pumpkin flavor.

15. The Spooky Snacks

Who wouldn't eat at least one ghost shaped cake pop?

16. Scaring Your Friends

The best time to prank your friends and get away with it.

17. New Episodes of TV Shows

Bob's Burgers, American Horror Story, Supernatural, and many more. Happy bingeing!

October is the perfect month to kick off movie marathons, TV show binges, celebrating, and eating sweets. Happy October!