5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching New Girl Right Now

It's everything you'd want in a TV show.

351
tvhawks.com

I've watched a lot of shows on Netflix- dramas, comedies, documentaries. But nothing has grabbed my heart like New Girl. Since its debut on Fox in Fall 2011, the show has generated millions of fans and won several awards, including the Critic's Choice Award for "Most Exciting New Series". It is a perfect combination of hysterical humor and feel-good lessons on life and friendship. But, not everyone has had the pleasure of experiencing it. We all have that one friend that just doesn't get it. They roll their eyes when you quote Schmidt, smile and say, "yes, I plan on watching it". But sadly, you know they are just trying to appease you. While I have managed to convert several of my friends and family members, there are still people out there who have failed to receive the joy that comes from watching the show. So, in an effort to enrich those people's lives, here are a few reasons why everyone should watch New Girl.

1. It shows you what real friends look like.

From the very first episode when Jess moves into an apartment with three random men she met on Craigslist, you can see how much the characters care for one another. Even if it is mixed in with hilarious insults and pranks, their loyalty to each other is not only cute, but realistic and relatable. Trust me, by the end of your second or third episode, you'll be wishing you lived in apartment 4D.

2. It is absolutely hilarious.

I have watched this show with people with all types of humor, and every single one has found it laugh-out-loud funny. There are plenty of funny shows out there, It's Always Sunny, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, but none of them have the fast-paced, witty, ridiculously clever humor that the characters of New Girl have. There is not one single episode that doesn't make me genuinely laugh. And the quotes are epic and should definitely be used in daily life.

3. It's an example of how to be comfortable in your own skin.

Every single character in the show is their own person. They are unapologetic in who they are and embrace their flaws and differences. It's a good reminder to be who you are and to surround yourself with people who appreciate everything about you; no judgements.

4. It's a feel good show.

I watch it when I'm in a good mood, when I'm in a bad mood, when I'm about to fall asleep, when I'm doing homework, I even watch the bloopers- it's very versatile. It will make you laugh until you're actually crying, and then cry because you want to be a part of their life. Even though you can't, watching it and quoting it and memorizing every single line is close enough. You will be a better person for it.

5. Each character is perfect.

Max Greenfield is Schmidt and Zooey Deschanel is Jess. Each actor is impeccably cast and has morphed into their New Girl character. They could all have their own show, but together they are over-the-top and make New Girl unique and very special.

From my grandma to my little brother, everyone loves this show. You are undeniably missing out if you haven't been introduced to Jess and her gang. So, please go watch it- it's amazing.