To Those Who Have Always Appreciated Music

Music has always been a big part of my life, I don't know why, I just know I am always listening to it!

18
https://unsplash.com/photos/_zoBLWLscqg
Photo by Michael Henry on Unsplash

We have been given the blessing of being human, and we are able to study how we as human's process and document the human experience. Do you ever think how lucky we are to be able to live on this earth and experience all the things we have created, or found. Take music for example... God do I love music. No matter what mood you are in, you can always turn to music. I can't make it by any means, but I listen to it during the good and bad times. I can honestly say I am madly in love with music. Like many, my life has been a roller coaster with experiences, and I'm still young I have a lot to look forward to I think.

All music, in general, is amazing, and the amount of songs out there we can all relate to is crazy. Some songs are literally what you are thinking, or feeling, or show you who you want to be. Maybe it's just me, but music has helped me get to where I am today. Whether it's listening to it while doing school work, or when I'm happy, or sad, or feel like giving up. I happen to be listening to it right now while typing this. My favorite type of music is country, I know many don't like it, but I have always listened to it and grew up around it. One time in particular music really helped me through was when my parents got divorced. It wasn't just your typical divorce it was really hard and lasted four years. Going through this I was sad and angry most of the time. I didn't understand why this was happening to my family, and why this man I call dad is doing this to us. I mean he wanted to destroy us, he never even tried to make it better, or to fix things. At this time, I hated everything and everyone, I basically cried all the time and just tried to not think about everything happening and what was about to happen. He wanted to ruin our lives and he did a good job at it, I honestly would say he isn't even a human. Like I said though good and bad times. Sometimes when I'm really happy I will blare music so loud I could go deaf... which is like 50% of the time when I'm driving. Music is constantly reminding us that we aren't alone, and knowing how many other people might be listening to the same song for the same reason, really lets us know we may not be the only one that feels this way. Sometimes people feel like nobody notices them like they are invisible. Which is why music is great? Music helps people to express themselves. Whether you are listening to music or making it, everyone's taste in music is different, and everyone has different songs that relate to them. So even though you and your friend may have the same favorite song, you guys still have different likes and dislikes. And that's part of the reason why everyone is so different. Everyone can feel like the world is too much to handle, and music can help with that. Sometimes, putting in your earbuds can be enough to help forget what was bothering you. Whether you are singing at the top of your lungs, or simply bobbing your head, music always helps you take your mind off things. I listen to music while I study, and I listen in class if the teacher allows it. Why? Because music helps me focus. It sets a beat and a tempo to work to. I don't like silence where I can hear a pin drop. I would rather fill my world with sound. I try and listen to it snowboarding so I get in my own groove, in high school I would always listen to it before a basketball game to get pumped, and I still do that for rodeo. Plus I have always loved a good concert. Those concerts when you go and you know like half the music and you are with your friends having a blast, those are the ones that you will always remember! When I feel depressed or sad, I always rely on music to lift my mood a little bit. A lot of people who have gone through emotional traumatic stress (such as; death of a family member, cutting, depression, etc.) say that music helped them heal and help them return to a happier state of being. It's because in this life we have to go through many hardships, and bumpy roads just to make it on our path we are supposed to be on in order to drive on that nice smooth road.

I am constantly moved by music through my hardest times, and still, am to this day. It has always impacted me my whole life. Many songs make me thankful for all that I have in my life, along with helping me recognize all the great people that will always be there for me. Music has helped shaped me into who I am today, along with what I believe in, and how I view myself. It has helped me make high standards for myself but also reminds me to have some fun every now and then. If it hadn't been for music I don't know where I would be today, or who I would be. It has just always been on my side and allowed me to use the strength I have to always get back up again and be better than ever before! I hope it helps you in a lot of ways as well, now go create that go to playlist you know you want to!!