Why I Chose Music

Why I Chose Music

"Where words fail, music speaks"

171
Why I Chose Music
Google

All throughout middle school and high school I was deeply involved in athletics. But all throughout those years, I had an interest in music, I just didn't have to time to pursue it. I played violin in elementary school and picked up piano in 8th grade and later picked up guitar during my sophomore year of high school. I regret sticking with sports for so long and not pursuing music sooner. But I'm glad I was able to realize it soon enough and pursue music because then I never would have realized the affect music would have on my life.

Music is good for the soul. Not just playing an instrument or singing, but listening to music. Good music. Soul music. I love listening to all types of genres. Anywhere from hip-hop and rap, to pop and alternative, to EDM to indie to blues and soul. I feel like each genre speaks to me in a different way. Depending on my mood, it deeply affects the type of music that I decide to listen to. Most people tend to just listen to music, learn the lyrics and move on. I like to listen and learn the lyrics, but really learn the lyrics. Listen to the meanings, look up parts of the song that I don't understand. I try decipher what the singer is trying to say. That's not always interesting to everyone, but it's something that I'm passionate about.

Making music fills me with joy. I love it. I'm drawn to instruments. I continue to learn and grow more and more each day. Every instrument I put my hands on I end up wanting to learn how to play it. Making music is an out for me. When I'm mad or frustrated, I turn to music. I turn to the piano, the guitar. It relieves me of any stress, annoyances or burdens that I was carrying. To be able to create and play for others is something special too. Any musician would tell you that. You can light up a room, change the whole mood. Making music allows me to be free, to be myself. It allows me to feel whole.

Music is an art. It's our creation. That's why singers and song writers are called "artists". Music is a passion, a lifestyle. With all of the bad and evil in the world, I turn to music. Everyone searches for a hobby or a passion. I thought that my passion was in sports, but I was wrong. It's in music. I can do so much more with music than playing basketball or doing track. I can entertain. Not only myself, but those around me. My favorite thing is to play piano or guitar and have a bunch of people around me singing. It's a magical feeling for me. To be surrounded by others who share the same passion as you, it's amazing. I'm so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with the talent to play so many different instruments and that He's given me the passion and motivation to learn more. No matter what your passion is or what you enjoy doing, be sure to pursue it, live it out, love it. There will always be happiness wherever your passion lies.