Why Living With Guys is More Fun

Why Living With Guys is More Fun

It's just better.

215
Why Living With Guys is More Fun

You could probably say that my life is quite similar to the sitcom New Girl. My freshman year of college, I practically lived with my cousin and his roommates, and now that college is done with, I am living with my brother and his best friend. Many people think I am outnumbered, but honestly, I prefer living with them. There is NEVER a dull moment.

1. Boys actually give GREAT advice (when you can get them to listen).

Ladies, we all know we have a tendency to over-analyze literally every situation EVER. I have learned that boys tend to take things at face value, which can actually be quite helpful when it comes to advice. Boys tell it like it is. This is especially true when you need counsel with other guys. Boys know their own kind, so they can help you navigate what goes on inside their heads. Since boys don't seem to analyze as much as girls, at least in my experience, they are extremely encouraging of you going after what you want.

2. LESS drama.

Not all girls cause drama of course, but it is so rare that guys are ever involved in it! Guys are laid back, love to goof off, and my roommates always find a way to entertain me and make me laugh. There is rarely any arguing, and if there is, no grudges are held. (Granted, my brother and I live together so there is the occasional sibling feud, like the time I insisted my roommates track me through Find My Friends and he was not having it). Generally there is no competition, I am always comfortable as I am, and we have a great time!

3. They are always down to eat or drink. Always.

There is zero shame in my ice cream binge game when I live with the guys, because 9 times out of 10, they are on the couch right next to me doing the same thing. If I am lucky, the boys will even cook me dinner, (like the time my brother tried to force me to eat pork even though I am a flexitarian... he meant well). My other roommate is perpetually down to have a good time. He will cheer me on as I throw back a shot or is always ready for a wine night. It is a judgment free zone.

4. They are protective, and great buffers.

A guy is messing with you? You have a permanent fake boyfriend, and a permanent team of assassins ready to track down anyone who messes with you. I always feel so safe living with guys. I remember the first day I sort of officially "moved in" with my cousin during college. There had been a police alert sent to all of our phones about a situation in an area near campus. Every boy in the apartment demanded I stay there that night so I would not have to walk home. I basically never left after that. Every time a boy messed with me, they were all over it. Every time we went out, they would make sure I got home safely and were constantly watching out for me. Huge shout out to apt. 1101, love you guys forever.

(How I imagine the boys reacted once they realized I was staying in their apartment.)

5. You come to find that chivalry is, in fact, NOT dead.

I will never forget one day when I got into an argument with one of my roommates in college. I came home a few hours later, and he had bought me flowers to let me know that he was sorry and that he appreciated me. They were always so thoughtful. Doors were opened for me, dinners were made, and they even let me get away with having multiple Taylor Swift jam sessions in their living room. If I was ever having a bad day, they were always willing to talk it out. Big bear hugs weren't so bad either. Luckily, with my new roommates, this trend has continued. There is something to be said about men who make you feel protected, loved, and comfortable being yourself! You are all appreciated!

Here's to you Keane and Alec!