Top 5 Reasons As To Why January Sucks

5 Worst Things about the Month of January

It's that cold time of year where no one wants to do anything.

168

I hope everyone is doing well in this first month of 2019. It is very cold here in PA, but I'm thriving. Sadly though, I hate the month of January. It is always one of my busiest months of the year and I NEVER want to do anything during it. Nothing against starting off a new year, but I hate January. It's one of my least favorite months of the year and I'll tell you why. Today I'm going to list my five reasons as to why January isn't so great.

1. The Cold

January is by FAR the coldest month of the year. Once December is over, I want warmth. I think once the holidays are over there should be no more cold weather because it sucks. This is the time of year where it is always cloudy and below 40 degrees outside, and I can't handle it. I'm sure no one would rather have this weather than having nice warm breezes of spring outside.

2. The Snow

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the snow. Snow is my favorite. You can play in it, eat it (eh), and it gets you out of school. I just feel like there is too much of it during this time of year. Give me one good snow storm and I'll be okay. After that I don't want to hear about it. I don't want the roads to be icy for more than a day or two, and I don't want to be stuck in my house all day because I can't get out. There's a snowstorm coming up soon and it'll probably have passed once this is up, but quite frankly I am not ready for it.

3. New Years Resolutions

I already broke my New Years resolutions and honestly, I'm upset with myself. I think I have eaten even more junk food and slept less since the 1st of January. I'm trying to, but I just have no motivation during this time of year. I wake up to cloudy weather and it doesn't make me feel motivated to start out my day. Also I hate New Years resolutions because it makes me feel obligated to change something about me in life. I hate socials norms.

4. The Lack of Sun

I have mentioned this already, but the lack of sun on dreary days here in PA are the worst. I don't want to go out, I don't want to move, I just want to do nothing. I have winter blues which is a form of anxiety/depression where the lack of sun tends to make you feel more down than other days. I have gotten better with it over the years, but it still sucks. It's currently dark out right now and the sun isn't shining or anywhere in sight. I really can't wait for summer to come because I NEED sunlight.

5. Going Back to School

HA I don't go back to school until February 10th, but still this sucks. I hate feeling the anxiety of going back to school. Once I get there I'll be fine, but it is just the transition of going from home to school after a long break. It's the worst feeling in the world, and I could not imagine having the week long break that my friends in high school had this year. That is just so short compared to the two months that I have. I'm telling you, this is a first world problem and we need to solve it.

I really hope you enjoyed reading about why I hate January. Very negative topic today, but in a sense I feel like we all feel some of these reasons deep down inside, and we just don't acknowledge it. Nothing ever happens in January that is great. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a month of January lol. Sure there are NFL playoff games on, but who the hell wants to watch the Patriots for another year fighting to get into the Super Bowl? Not this guy.

Anyways, I hope you all have a lovely week, and I'll see you guys next time with a new article.

-Al