Why it's important to have a passion.

Why it's important to have a passion.

We sometimes forget the importance of having passions in life, here's why we shouldn't.

7935
Pexels.com

We've all been asked before: "So what do you like to do?"

While it's such a simple question, sometimes it can feel difficult to answer. If we're being honest, most of us would respond with sleep, scroll through social media, laugh at memes, and watch Netlfix. And hey, no one is knocking that these activities can surely pass the time with no regrets, and between school, job(s), homework, and whatever other obligations are on our plate, who honestly has time for an actual hobby?

You do, if you really want to. There is something truly invaluable about finding a passion in life, dedicating time to it and watching yourself improve and grow in it. Here are a few reasons why having a passion is so important.

Having a passion can create new friendships.

It's always great to find others who are interested in the same things you are, and finding communities online, at school, or inviting friends to join creates something exciting to enjoy with others.

Having a passion creates discipline.

When you take the time daily to practice your guitar, get creative on photoshop, or choreograph a new dance, you slowly watch yourself improve, which is one of the most gratifying feelings.

Having a passion gives you something that's for YOU, and nothing can replace that.

Have you ever had a friendship or relationship where you always did something together, and when that relationship ended, you stopped doing that thing? When you find a passion that's YOURS, nobody can take that away from you. Too many times we let our jobs or relationships dictate how we spend all our free time, and we never really have something that's our own. A passion that you've come to love for YOU and nobody else is extremely vital to taking care of ourselves and owning our individuality.

Having a passion is something that you can have forever.

Through all of life's up and down, having a passion is an unfailing outlet you can turn to, a stress reliever, and something that will always be there. Sometimes we need a break from social media, our relationships, or the commotion and hectic-ness of life. A passion can be that break anytime, and that's pretty irreplaceable

Having a passion helps you find yourself.

When you find something you genuinely just love to do for the sake of doing it, it will always feel good. You won't need money or instant gratification in order for it to have value. Searching for that one thing is a soul searching experience, because it's about it being something YOU care about, something that brings YOU joy, something YOU are dedicated to, and something YOU make a part of who you are.

Whether it's writing, playing an instrument, photography, painting, sewing, you name it, as you see yourself improve and grow more in your passion, there is a sense of pride and joy in having something you can own no matter what. To be in touch with something that you're not looking for anything more than the pure enjoyment of it is a great way to treat yourself, to connect with yourself and learn something new! Find your passion, and let yourself fall in love with it and become a part of who you are. Nothing can replace that.