Why It’s Hard To Leave Home After Winter Break

Going back to school after a long relaxing winter break is a b****

71
Brian Wu

Some people don’t notice they’re homesick until the thought of home actually crosses their minds and they start to remember all the things that they miss about it. Or they’ll feel homesick when you are actually stepping out the door to leave your home after spending 4-weeks there for winter break. I was pretty much the latter.

UCR gave 4 weeks of winter break, which was awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 weeks of vacation. Being able to relax back in your hometown, even if you’re there for only a little bit during the break, is still a great feeling. You can also consider the perks. Pets, free Wi-Fi, free food, any food you want, since you’re not on a budget, for the time being, no school, hometown friends. Must I go on? Being back home is effing great! But now that Winter Break is over and you have to get back into the system of going to school, homesickness very well might hit you in the face like a hammer. Lowkey hella sucks. Another sad thing that happened is I that I woke up today from my alarm and my dog jumped from under the blankets. I looked at him and those eyes were like saying WTF! Where are you going so early? I’m going to miss that little scamp. I tried to think positively, like “I’m excited to start one of my classes this quarter” or “I hope I have some dope classmates”. Corny stuff like that. Kinda helped, but you can’t get rid of that feeling for too long. Another effed up thing is that the next time people from NorCal can go back up is Spring Break. In the end, you just have psych yourself out of it and get ready to go back to school.