Why It Is Important To Love Yourself

Why It Is Important To Love Yourself

Self love should come before any other love.

90
Why It Is Important To Love Yourself
https://www.inc.com/susan-steinbrecher/3-ways-to-reinforce-self-love.html

I have always thought the phrase "I'm dating myself" was silly. Until I started doing it myself.

There are always those people out there who try to put others down in the worst possible way in order to feel better about themselves. But, worst of all, we are often our own worst enemies. We are the harshest judges on ourselves either due to low self esteem or the lack of faith we have in ourselves. I was one of those people who strove to please others and pushed myself harder and harder if I wasn't good enough, but here's a little tip I learned: we are ALL good enough and here's how I know so.

As pessimistic as this may sound, there are times in your life where you probably feel like you can't trust anybody but yourself. It's okay to be independent and not always rely on a significant other or your friends because some things aren't always permanent; but your love for yourself can be. As long as you love yourself, you can find happiness and fulfillment in things that you may not have found before. You can allow yourself to explore new aspects of life that you were previously blinded to, as well as get a chance to find meaning in yourself and recognize your value.

Self love is the key to self esteem and self confidence. If you cannot love yourself, it is often hard for other people to. You tend to build up so many walls and hide behind them in order to feel safe or protected when in reality, you are only sheltering yourself from the real world. It's hard to be vulnerable and let your guard down and some people think the only way from not getting hurt is by not putting themselves out there at all, but the heartbreaks and the bullies are all a part of life. They help us come back stronger each time until finally, we are so strong and confident, that no one can tear us down. Once you master the art of self love, it won't matter who is trying to bring you down because in the end, you are the real winner. You get to walk in pride knowing that none of the hate matters to you anymore because you won't let it.

Finally, self love means being able to focus on yourself for once. My favorite time of the day is when I have what I like to call "me time". After a long day of work or school that is spent interacting with others, it's important to take the time to pamper yourself. Whether it's winding down with a movie and your favorite ice cream or doing a face mask and painting your nails, it is essential to take this time to think about all the things that make you happy and indulge in it as much as possible. You deserve this time because you are good enough and you are the best you can be no matter what anyone says.

So, treat yourself, love yourself, and look in the mirror- because you are looking at the person who knows you best.