Why Is Life So Hard

Why Is Life So Hard

I have nothing under control.

19
Why Is Life So Hard
https://picjumbo.com/download/?d=woman-shutting-off-ringing-alarm-clock-from-bed.jpg&n=woman-shutting-off-ringing-alarm-clock-from-bed&id=1

With this semester coming to a close (but still not close to being done because graduate school applications are due in less than a month), I have been doing a lot of self reflecting of myself over the past four years. I often feel like Chris Harrison from the Bachelor in the sense that instead of saying "this will be the most dramatic season ever", it's that it will be the most stressful semester ever, but somehow it is true each time. This has definitely been the most overwhelmed that I have been.

As I have been for most of my college career, I was at the maximum amount of credit hours, heavily involved in multiple organizations, on an editorial team as an editor, keeping up with a youtube channel, and working on my portfolio for grad school in the midst of all of that. Most semesters, I spend little to no time with myself, or doing anything for myself, because I always say that if I just push a little longer then the time will come.

I think I have finally come to the realization that I am lying to myself. This is how life goes. One thing ends and another thing begins, and what you want is always in the future, no matter how much time it has been since you talked about that future thing. We put things off to get through right now, but right now could be all you have.

Now I know you cannot live your entire life with the mindset that all you have is right now, because you will be broke and homeless really fast thinking like that. With that being said, your life at all times should be a balance of work and just enjoying being alive. Your life will never at any point be no work at all, so instead of acting like that will ever be a reality, let yourself go out and have fun, or go on that trip. You deserve it.

You're welcome for these current life thoughts.