Why I'm In Love With Mississippi State University

Because it's the Disney World of universities.

109
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ynceuVZP7OE/maxresdefault.jpg

I've said it a thousand times before and I'll say it a thousand more times: I am in love with Mississippi State University.

I'm head over heels in love.

Now I know what you're thinking. This girl is crazy. But let me break it down for you.

Mississippi State has given me so much in such a short period of time that there was nothing else for me to do than to fall in love with it.

A little over a year ago, I came to Mississippi State for the first time ever. Now mind you, I had never heard of MSU until I came across a Facebook post and I decided to apply, so I had no idea what to expect. It was fall preview day. My mom and I drove ourselves here with no idea of what lied ahead for us. For me, I found my home away from home. For my mom, she found a school to cheer on during football season (and her daughter's new favorite place).

I've never felt so sure of anything in my entire life. I knew from the moment I got out of the car that I was home. You know how when people talk about love at first sight they're like, "I saw him/her and I knew?" That was what happened to me. And every day since then, I'm reminded of that. I just knew that I was in love. And every day, I fall a little more in love with MSU than the day before.

It's insane. I never knew that I could feel this way about a place, but I do. When I drive onto campus after being gone for literally any period of time, I'm just filled with joy because I know that this is where I belong.

Now, what makes MSU so great?

There are so many reasons that I don't even know where to start.

I guess one of the biggest things that stood out to me as a prospective student was the size of the school. MSU isn't very big, but it's not very little either. It's just the right size to make you feel like you're a part of the family without you knowing every single person you see. And when I say it feels like a family, I mean it feels like a family. I'm reminded of that in everything I do. From band to housing, everyone is important and everyone is loved. And that's something very special.

I just finished my second band camp here at state, and let me tell you I could have cried. It was the best time of my life. I had so much fun and I was around so many great people that I just didn't know what to do with myself. Everything about camp screams family. The atmosphere is just bursting with love and compassion. Everyone is so kind, and that's so important to me. Every day I go to band is a great day. There were times last year that I didn't want to go to band, but when I got there my feelings would completely change. I would always be happy that I had come and glad that I had stayed. It's kind of crazy actually. The directors are great, the students are great, everything is just great. I love every single minute of it, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I also recently finished RA training. Now that was a rollercoaster. There were lots of ups and downs, but at the end of it, I found another family. (Are you noticing a theme here?) My staff in Hull. Now, if you know anything about me, you know I love Hull with all of my heart. So being able to be in Hull and have a family that's my side has made me LITERALLY THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVER. Y'all have no idea how much it means to me to have so many good people in my corner. It is one of the biggest blessings of my life.

I love MSU because of everything it stands for. It stands for change and diversity, as well as family and love. The president of the university, as well as the head football coach came to talk to the band the other day, and it was unbelievable. I'm one of those people who is easy impressed, but honestly any gesture of gratitude no matter how big or small really stands out to me, and the fact they came to talk to the band that I'm a part of just blows my mind.

Mississippi State is probably one of the most beautiful places in the country. From the historical landmarks to the ugly buildings, everything has a special place in my heart. Sometimes when I walk around campus, I find myself smiling like an idiot because I'm so happy to be here.

So, why am I in love with MSU?

Because of the people. The people are what make it the best place on earth to me. They're what make this the Disney World of universities.

There's no where else I'd rather be than Mississippi State University.

All my love,

Shan

From Your Site Articles