I Used To Love Politics, But Here's Why Now I Hate It

I've lost my love for politics, but I'll continue to fight for a better world because of Trump's Presidency.

230

The past few years or so have been a roller-coaster when it comes to American politics. Hatred, "fake news," violence and threats seem to envelop the Donald Trump world we find ourselves in, and while Politics has always been a touchy subject, the extremity of political problems in the United States lately have become just too much. I used to read the news daily, and I loved learning about politics, but since Trump took office it's been difficult just facing the harsh reality we live in.

There will never be true unity between the party platforms, but there needs to be a less threatening environment surrounding them. An environment that Trump will never give us.

The worst part about my recent problems with politics and the American Government under Trump is that I'm a conservative, so people automatically assume I'm a Trump supporter -- I'm not. Never have been and never will be. Unlike the strong, classy, well-spoken Republicans before him, I don't believe Trump is the type of "Republican" we should have in office. In fact, I don't believe he's a true Republican at all, and he's given real Republicans a bad reputation -- especially the more moderate ones.

Has Donald Trump accomplished some positive things to help our country? Sure, I think so. Don't get me wrong, the majority has been negative, but a couple things he's done right are: prison reform, donating his salary, pulling the U.S. out of the Iranian nuclear deal, and take on the biases of news media (even if this was sometimes handled the wrong way).

I commend Donald Trump for actually following through with things he promised during the election; however, at the end of the day he has caused too much pain and suffering for certain people in our country to consider him as a "good" and effective President. And as a citizen, it breaks my heart to see the pain endured by some of our citizens.

Donald's tweets, his hate-speech, the way he causes such a negative uproar with half the country, and just his general air of misogynistic narcissism is not what this country needs, especially for another 4 years. I don't believe he ever was the best person to run our country, and I definitely don't believe he should be re-elected in 2020.

Despite all of this, however, I continue to be active in politics. I just don't love it like I used to. I wish I still did, and I hope to once again, but something has to be done about our current political climate in America to make it truly great once again.