I'm So Happy I Chose Temple, And Here Are 5 Reasons Why

5 Reasons I Made The Best Decision Of My Life By Choosing To Attend Temple

I was meant to be here.

87
Christina Billie

A year and a half ago, if you told me I would be going to Temple right now, I would've thought that you were crazy. I had applied to three colleges and got accepted into all of them, and I was ready to commit to one already.

It wasn't until I actually visited the campus for an award ceremony that I looked into it and thought to myself, "This is where I want to spend my next four years of my life." I'm so glad now that I made that decision, and here are 5 reasons why.

1. The people

The people at Temple are some of the best people I've ever met, whether it be my peers or professors. This past year, I've made so many amazing friends and connections that I wouldn't have had if I went to any other college.

2. The clubs

What's your favorite thing to do? What are your interests? What's your major? Chances are, there's a club for that at Temple. Joining the plethora of clubs that Temple has to offer will allow you to meet a lot of new people and make connections that could lead to an internship or full-time job!

3. The distance from the city

At least once every week, my friends and I go into the city, whether it be Center City or Old City, and it's so easy to get there from campus. All you have to do is take the Broad Street Line from the Cecil B. Moore station down to City Hall! It's so convenient; it's a low cost, and there are so many things to do once you're there. Whether you're going to the tourist attractions or going to your internship, it won't take you much time to get to where you want to go.

4. The opportunities

With the easy access to the hot spots in Philadelphia and the amazing services that Temple has to offer, there are bound to be many opportunities for you to take advantage of. There are so many networking events around campus throughout the year, and a lot of alumni come to talk to students about their current positions.

There are so many Temple alumnae around the city of Philadelphia and even around the country. Having Temple University on your resume and having connections to different alumni will help you in the long run when looking for internships and jobs!

5. The food trucks and stands

If you're sick of the dining hall food, don't worry; Temple has so many food trucks and food stands that are out of this world. There are food trucks located along Norris Street and Montgomery Avenue, and a strip of food stands on 12th Street right next to the Tech Center.

Whether you're in the mood for a freshly grilled burger from Burger Tank, a breakfast sandwich and iced coffee from Richie's, or a refreshing fresh fruit smoothie from the Fruit & Smoothie Truck, the food trucks and stands will definitely leave you satisfied and leave you coming back at a few more times during the week.

If you're on the fence about coming to Temple or if you just want to know what all the hype is about, take these reasons into consideration. I'm so happy that I applied and committed to Temple University just over one year ago. It was the best decision I've ever made.