8 Reasons Why Going On Vacation Is Just The Best

Sunrises, sunsets, sunbathing, and just plain old sunshine

148
Alex Sobczak / Facebook

Traveling is always fun, and getting to go on vacation over the summer is honestly the best. Here's why:

Getting to explore a new place

There's a seemingly endless list of places I've never been. Getting to cross off at least one is worth it. It's so much fun finding out what a place you've never been has to offer.

Family shenanigans

Spending quality time with family (sans stress) is the best. Make sure you do fun, silly things together.

Fun with friends

Going on vacation with friends? Also super fun. Live it up in a new place with the people you love.

Trying new things

Boat rides, hiking, parasailing, dolphin watching, fishing, tubing, cliff jumping, jet skiing, ziplining, snorkeling, being a tourist. Vacation is the perfect time to try new things that you might not get to do every day (and maybe even raise your heart rate a little bit).

Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine

Sunrises, sunsets, sunbathing, and just plain old sunshine. Sunshine is my absolute favorite thing.

So. Much. Food.

Give me all the seafood! Vacation is a great time to try new foods and also enjoy delicious restaurant meals. Bonus points if you get to have a meal with a beautiful view.

Road trips / Hanging out amongst the clouds

Road trips are fun because you get to drive through countless cities, see some landmarks and sights, look curiously at that person who still uses physical maps, and have hours on end to do whatever activity you please while trapped in a car with nothing else to do besides said activity. Plane trips, I imagine, provide constant intriguing and gorgeous views. With such great options, the trip there and back doesn't sound so bad.

Getting away from it all

Everyone needs a break from their everyday lives, and vacations are the perfect getaway from all of life's stresses. Next stop: rest and relaxation.