My Experience With The Gym

My Experience With The Gym

You don't have to be a gym nut to enjoy working out.

22
My Experience With The Gym

Entering freshman year of college I was not well acquainted with the gym, in fact I had never gone to the gym.

But the wonders of becoming a gym goer are truly amazing.

No this isn't a psa about getting in shape: it's about getting your self into a schedule. Throughout high school I was plagued with laziness. Never able to get stuff done, never able to pay attention, and really just never motivated. Every thing changed when my friends dragged me to the gym the first day of college.

Some people drink, some people party, but I spent my first day at North Carolina State University lifting the bar.
Ever since that day my life has changed for the better. My schedule became so much easier to follow, I became more motivated to get things done, and the list goes on and on. But in retrospect it all makes sense. I lift at 8 pm every single day, and since I don't want to flake on my friends who are helping me at the gym I make that 8 pm lift a priority.

So what do I do? I make sure I am completely free at that time and have accomplished all my tasks for the day before 8 pm.

And yes I mean all of my tasks. After getting out of class I am all the more motivated to complete all of my work in time to go to the gym. This self made deadline has drastically improved my sleep schedule, and best of all, it has also decreased my level of stress and increased my planning skills.

You don't have to become a body builder, and you don't have to start injecting protein powder into your veins. But if you need a change of pace in life, the gym can give it to you.