Fall is finally here and I could not be any happier! It is by far my favorite season and I look forward to it every year. Here are some reasons why I love the season of fall and why everyone should, too!
7. Fall Candles
Popular Right Now
In 2017 we had to say goodbye to one of the best websites to ever roam the internet: Vine. In case you have been living under a rock since 2013, Vine was -(sad face)- a website and app that took the internet and the app store by storm in Winter 2013. It contained 6-second videos that were mostly comedy- but there were other genres including music, sports, cool tricks and different trends. Vine stars would get together and plan out a vine and film it till they got it right.
It was owned by Twitter and it was shut down because of so many reasons; the viners were leaving and making money from Youtube, there was simply no money in it and Twitter wanted us to suffer.
There's been a ton of threads on Twitter of everyone's favorite vines so I thought I'd jump in and share some of my favorites. So without further ado, here are some
1. "AHH...Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant"
2. "Nate how are those chicken strips?" "F%#K YA CHICKEN STRIPS.....F%#K ya chicken strips!"
3. "Road work ahead? Uh Yea, I sure hope it does"
5. "...Hi Welcome to
7."Welcome to Bible Study. We're all children of Jesus... Kumbaya my
10. "Yo how much money do you have?" "69 cents" "AYE you know what that means?" "I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets"
11. "Hurricane Katrina? More like Hurricane Tortilla."
13. "Get to Del Taco. They got a new thing called Freesha-- Free-- Freeshavaca do"
14. "Mothertrucker dude that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick"
17. "Not to be racist or anything but Asian people SSUUGHHH"
18. 18. "I wanna be a cowboy baby... I wanna be a cowboy baby"
19. "Hey, I'm lesbian" "I thought you were American"
20. "I spilled lipstick in your Valentino bag" "you spilled- whaghwhha- lipstick in my Valentino White bag?"
21. "What's better than this? Guys bein dudes"
22. "How'd you get these bumps? ya got
23. "WHAT ARE
24. "Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?"
25. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!" "I can't
27. "How much did you pay for that taco?" Aight yo you know
28. *Birds chirping* "
29. "Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal"
30. "I brought you Frankincense" "Thank you" "I brought you Myrrh" "Thank you" "Mur-
31. "Sleep? I don't know about sleep...it's summertime" "You ain't go to bed?" "Oh she caught me"32. "All I wanna tell you is
34. "Next Please" "Hello" "Sir, this is a mug shot" "A mug shot? I don't even drink coffee"
35. "Hey did you happen to go to class last week?" "I have never missed a class"
36. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves" "My name is Michael with a B and I've been afraid of insects my entire-" "Stop, stop, stop. Where?" "Hmm?" "Where's the B?" "There's a bee?"
37. "There's only one thing worse than a rapist...Boom" "A child" "No"38. "Later mom. What's
40. "Zach stop...Zach stop...You're gonna get in trouble. Zach"
41. "CHRIS! Is that a weed? "No this is a crayon-" I'm calling the police" *puts 911 into microwave* "911 what's your emergency"
42. "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? "
43. *Blowing vape on table* * cameraman blows it away* "ADAM"
44. "Would you like the spider in your hand?" "Yea" "Say please" "Please" *puts spider in hand* *screams*
45. "Oh hi, thanks for checking in I'm still a piece of garrbaagge"
46. *girl blows vape* "...WoW"
47. *running* "...Daddy?" "Do I look like-?"
48. *Pours water onto girl's face" "Hello?"
49. "Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman" "HaaaAHH"
50. "...And they were roommates" "Mah God they were roommates"
I could literally go on forever because I just reference vines on a daily basis. Rest in peace Vine
The Orlando Fringe Festival is a two-week performing arts extravaganza featuring all kinds of acts from this city and others. It is also the longest-running theater festival in the United States, so it’s had plenty of time to get great. If you want the basics on how to attend, there is an article in the Orlando Sentinel that breaks it down for first-timers. But as we gear up for what is basically Coachella for theater nerds, here are just a few more things to get jazzed about.
1. You’ll finally be able to support your artist friends.
We all have that friend who is constantly involved in some sort of production. Of course you’d love to go and see them all, but who has the time? At Fringe, there are plenty of chances to see a show, since there are performances at many different times for two weeks. And if you have a lot of friends who are performers in Orlando, then I have good news! They will all be in the same place.
2. Two words: food trucks.
There is pretty much no other time when it is socially acceptable to eat a bunch of fried Oreos than at a carnival or at Fringe. Carnivals seem dangerous though, so you might as well just hang out at Fringe, where it’s safe.
3. There’s something for everyone.
Even if theater isn’t your thing, there are more than just a few alternative options available. You can also find concerts, stand up comedy, storytelling, and a whole lot of things that will make you say, “I didn’t know that was a thing."
4. This year, planning is easy.
In their 27th year, the Orlando Fringe has introduced a new way to plan which shows to see. The Fringe-o-Matic allows you to input the shows you’re interested in and create a personalized schedule so you can make it to (almost) all of them.
5. You’ll never have to travel far.
Most of the shows at Fringe are located in or around Loch Haven Park, and venues include the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Repertory Theatre and the Orlando Museum of Art. These are all within walking distance of each other, and are separated only by a parking lot (which, by the way, is free to use). The only other shows are BYOV, or Bring Your Own Venue, in multiple locations in Orlando.
6. It’s not just local acts.
Maybe if you’re an Orlando native, you’re a little tired of the local scene. This festival includes production companies from lots of other states and countries, so it’s a great opportunity to see fresh faces and shows that are the best of their respective locale.
7. Things will get weird.
Even if you’re a veteran Fringe-goer, you’re definitely in for a quite a few surprises. Last year, I saw a Canadian male burlesque troupe led by a Justin Trudeau impersonator (caution: link NSFW), and it wasn’t even the craziest thing that happened.
The Orlando Fringe Festival runs from May 15th to the 28th, so it’s right around the corner. It’s all happening so fast! But if you’re not hyped yet, maybe you should take a trip to the beer tent.