why is the dmv so slow

7 things I'd Rather Do Than Wait At The DMV

Zootopia couldn't have depicted waiting at the DMV any better

368
zootopia dmv scene

This month my license expired and I googled why the DMV is notoriously so slow. Even going to the DMV in a smaller town like Christiansburg rather than Virginia Beach had me there for at least an hour. I found out that the DMV is allowed to be as slow as they are because they have no competition creating a non-competitive market for their services. They know that nobody can get the exact government required services that they provide anywhere else allowing them to take as much time as they want for their services.

1. Take 7:45 a.m. finals for an entire week

A 7:45 a.m. final is less tiring than having to sit in that miserable place.

2. Have to take another math class at the math empo

I'd rather have to put up my orange cups in order to still be confused even after the math empo workers tried to help.

3. Wait in traffic

At least in traffic I can sometimes estimate how long it will take.

4. Have to watch a marathon of golf or hockey

The two most boring sports in the entire world.

5. Watch a bunch of horror movies

At least I'll be able to get good snacks like popcorn or candy

6. Have to deal with spring allergies all year

As much as I hate having spring allergies to pollen, I'd rather have to sneeze and blow my nose constantly than see everyone moving in slow motion at the DMV.

7. Doing any chore at all

Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and taking out the trash is much less draining than waiting at the dreaded DMV.